Payroll Compliance Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
People are at the heart of our success, so we prioritise what matters most to create an environment where our people can thrive.
We're seeking a Payroll Compliance Specialist who'll support and ensure regulatory and statutory compliance of Payroll systems, processes and outputs. You'll work closely with the Payroll Operations team to deliver a Compliance Program of works by auditing and validating expected outcomes to ensure compliance, as well as reducing risk and seeking continuous improvement opportunities. The Payroll Compliance Specialist will also be responsible for backfilling the Payroll Operations role during leave or busy periods and assisting with developing and maintaining Payroll Standard Operating procedures and other related payroll reference material, and ensuring the correct review and approvals occur.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support Payroll compliance activities to support identification and resolutions of any payroll risks and issues.
- Proactively stay abreast with payroll legislation, changes and best practice and assist with knowledge sharing
- Ensure Payroll systems configuration, data and payroll payments are accurate and remain compliant.
- Manage Payroll documents, ensuring they are current, easy to locate and are accessible.
- Support payroll audit requirements, including any ad-hoc internal and external audits.
- Explore and seek continuous improvement opportunities.
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Robust knowledge of payroll compliance requirements and risks. Ideally, you'll have extensive experience in a similar role, preferably across multiple entities within a complex organisation.
- You'll possess wide-ranging knowledge of broad payroll functions, procedures and processes.
- You'll be experienced in auditing and have a good understanding of what and why we audit.
- You bring knowledge and experience in a HRIS with the ability to extract reports as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll tax, superannuation, Workcover policy legislation and statutory obligations.
- Ability to interpret and understand relevant industrial awards and agreements.
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting departmental procedures and government regulations affecting payroll.
- You're a problem solver with outstanding attention to detail and able to see the bigger picture.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests
- Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more
- Share offers and insurance benefits
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on .
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.