ITS Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full time
ITS Engineering Manager QLD
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking to appoint an experienced ITS Engineering Manager to join our QLD ITS team.
The QLD ITS Engineering Manager will be a key member of the QLD Transport Technology Leadership Team and is responsible for the management of the QLD ITS business unit. This ITS team consists of system experts and ITS Engineers who work closely with project managers, ITS operations, and enterprise Transurban Technology, Strategy, and Architecture functions.
Reporting directly to the Head of Transport Technology QLD, the ITS Engineering Manager is responsible for all ITS engineering engagements in the region which includes the transport technology change management, asset lifecycle planning, and project delivery engineering support.
Day-to-day, you will:
Provide guidance and mentorship to your team of Engineers whilst also being responsible for;
- Integrated end-to-end ITS solutions Development - including ITS Architecture, technical standards, design development and maintenance planning
- Whole of Life Services - establish ITS project engineering & SME capability to support project development, planning, design, procurement, testing/commissioning and O&M (Ops and maintenance)
- Asset Life Cycle (ALC) Management - support and manage all ALC Models with input on ITS major upgrade, condition assessment, replacement planning and budget forecasting data
- Governance - Cross business team governing ITS investment ensuring consolidated view of demand, consistent standards and delivery, effective prioritisation and cross asset risk management
- Stakeholder Management - manage strategic relationship of all ITS vendors, Road Authorities and technology consultants and business stakeholders.
- Business Development - support Transurban Asset development, acquisition and integration activities with ITS SME engineering input
- Lead a team of engineering professionals providing both technical guidance and mentorship
You'll never stop improving, keeping up to date with emerging technology - always thinking bigger.
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Be degree qualified in Engineering in an Electrical, Control Systems, Systems, Computer Science, or similar technology Engineering discipline.
- Hold CPEng status and be accredited by RPEQ
- Proven experience in an Engineering leadership/management role
- Relevant experience in Engineering management of complex technology-based systems
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to liaise across varying levels of management.
- Relevant ITS experience (preferred, but not essential)
- Analytical and incisive, you'll spot issues and use your own ingenuity - and that of your team - to solve problems collaboratively.
- You'll be organised, efficient and decisive in in prioritizing the tasks that count, pressure doesn't faze you.
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well.
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests.
- Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more.
- Share offers and insurance benefits.
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days.
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on .
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.