Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Deliver on high profile complex and commercially significant government workplace solution projects.
- Join one of the largest essential service providers in Australia and New Zealand
- Permanent full-time position – WFH/Flexible working hours
- Join an easy going, supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunity to work with across 40 entities within the Australian Government
- Career and profile expanding projects to elevate your professional calibre
- Access to a range of Ventia's employee benefits - discounted private health insurance, paid parental leave, discounted travel etc
About the role
Joining our Projects & Workplace Solutions team you will be responsible for leading the team to provide project management for a portfolio of Government buildings in our care, that include refurbishments and maintenance.
You will work closely with our Senior Project Manager on multiple small, large, and complex projects including project plans, scope definition, timelines, quality definition, assurance, and financial control.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Forrest ACT with flexible working options with time in the office and work from home.
As this position works on our government portfolio to be successful in this role you will be required to be an Australian Citizen to apply.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage each of the activities noted in the Project Start-up processes.
- Assist in formulating project management plans addressing Scope, HSE and Quality outcomes.
- Develop and Manage Work Breakdown Structure for planned work effort.
- Manage construction documents for completeness and ensure all area personnel are aware of the scope and obligations under the contract.
- Manage and maintain project cost plans including forecasting of risks and cost contingencies.
- Establish measurable performance indicators for subordinates, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Well-developed industry experience and a relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
- Must hold a white card and have undergone asbestos awareness training.
- Demonstrated experience in project and project team management.
- Strong management and solid organisation skills.
- Possess a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and suite.
- Prince2 Certification will be highly regarded.
- Strategic Thinking: Looks and plans ahead
- Client Focus: Always acts with the client in mind
- Commercial Thinking: Achieves financial outcomes
- Driving Results: Can be counted on to achieve performance goals
- Collaboration: Works well with others
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Position Reference Number:155083