Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role:
As an Australian Defence Force partner, Ventia works across some of Australia’s newest, most unique equipment including artillery, small arms, instruments, night vision equipment, high-tech armoured vehicles, personnel carriers, and propulsion equipment.
As a Heavy Vehicle Mechanics at Robertson Barracks, Darwin NT, you will conduct routine maintenance and repairs on a wide range of heavy military vehicles, including 4WD's, trucks, tracked and armoured vehicles, infantry personnel carriers and even armoured tanks!
If you are interested in a change of work pace, looking to step away from the tight deadlines and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you! This full-time opportunity offers 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday with an early 2PM finish on the Friday.
- Early Finish Friday
- Training & Upskilling Provided
- Tools Of Trade Provided
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Uniform & Safety Boots Provided
- On-site Parking
- Opportunity To Become Qualified On Battle Tanks!
- Opportunity To Be Deployed As Part Of the Military Team
- Maintenance tasks including inspection, classification, diagnostics, and repairs on Light, Medium and Heavy Vehicles and Plant Equipment
- Completing service tasks on equipment during routine maintenance.
- Replace or repair damaged and malfunctioning parts following inspections and effectively diagnose problems and perform work of a technical nature on a wide range of vehicles
- You will adhere to all regulatory and contract specific requirements
Key Skills & Attributes Include:
- Cert III Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or equivalent level (open to light vehicle mechanics)
- Demonstrated experience on Heavy commercial vehicles - Required
- Demonstrated ability and practical experience to inspect, repair and maintain Light, Medium and/or Heavy vehicle to a medium level of repair
- Possess a MR, HR or HC licence - Desirable
Ventia is enriched by the diverse experiences, talents and cultures that our people bring to the organisation, while celebrating and respecting the communities we operate in. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment that provides equal opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, Women, Veterans and spouses and people with disabilities.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to maintain a Defence Security Clearance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application via the "APPLY" button below.