Principal - Planning Program Management
Job Type: Not Specified
- Help shape decisions that will develop & sustain WA’s water sources
- Permanent opportunity with flexible work arrangements offered
- Join our Strategy and Planning team based in Leederville
For a rewarding career, we’re leading the way
Fresh Water Thinking starts with leadership.
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians.
About the role
We have a permanent opportunity for a Principal - Planning & Program Management to lead the planning and portfolio management of our IT asset investment program through translation of the business strategy into IT initiatives and programs of work. This role will be based in our Leederville office, reporting to the Manager Strategy & Planning.
At Water Corporation we offer flexible working, providing you an opportunity to work a mix of both home and at our office in Leederville. We also have 9 day fortnight options available, whatever creates a better balance for you.
What the role will involve
- Review and endorse business cases in the role of program manager and register future appropriation requests
- Identify and communicate to relevant stakeholders and monitor risks associated with deferral or delay of the investment portfolio
- Review, analyse, provide expert advice and approve appropriation requests in accordance with the asset investment program
- Manage the investment program to ensure the optimum capital and operating solutions are proposed to be funded to meet business requirements
- Responsible for quarterly financial reviews, annual capital budget submission and 5-year budget forecast submission
- Review and approval of cost and time impacting change requests, budget releases, and other Asset Acquisition Process (AAP) requirements
- Translate our IT strategy into programs of work and investment plans.
- Establish objectives, frameworks, and metrics for the strategic planning process and relevant ownership and timelines
Key skills and experience
You’ll hold a degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline, along with extensive experience in IT strategic planning and execution, innovation programs and investment analysis. Your demonstrated leadership, ability to contextualise and activate strategy and partner with key stakeholders will ensure success in this role.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Sunday 27th November 2022
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website