Analyst - Business Applications
Job Type: Not Specified
- Join our Enterprise Applications team in Leederville
- Permanent opportunity - $104,754 + Super + Benefits
- Flexible work arrangements offered (including a 9 day fortnight, 2 days work from home)
We’re embracing technology.
Care to join us on our journey to innovation?
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians.
About the role
A career at Water Corporation can unlock the door to ongoing long term career development opportunities; we support training and development, health and lifestyle programs and generous company benefits.
Join a company that is recognised worldwide for our performance and innovation to secure water supplies for Western Australia in a changing climate. We’re driven to make our state a great place to live, and we have career opportunities to help make it happen. If you share our commitment to WA, then consider Water Corporation as the next step in your career.
As an Analyst Business Applications , you’ll use your highly developed interpersonal and rapport building skills in consulting and negotiating, acting as a technical specialist and business systems expert. You’ll be working with the Enterprise Asset Management team which supports and maintains platforms that arrange from Maximo, ESRI, and Small World.
You’ll be responsible for providing technical knowledge and support and delivery of changes relating to the Work Management suite of applications including Maximo and the mobility suites including Maximo Anywhere and ESRI Field Maps. Use your application knowledge and skills to provide operational processing, higher level administration, development, learning and analysis to support the delivery of effective and efficient use of the Water Corporation’s Business Applications.
What the role will involve
- Providing IT services for an array of stakeholders in the Metro and Regional areas using methodologies all related to ITIL including: Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management.
- Planning, developing and delivering system enhancements via Water Corporations Change and Release Management Methodology.
- Prepare written analysis, including recommendations and conclusions, of complex application’s performance, change and improvement
- Critically accept, assess, prioritise and investigate business application change initiatives/request
- Configure and/or coordinate development, test, and document approved applications changes
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders internal/external and act as the primary contact for technical queries
Key skills and experience
- A qualification in a relevant discipline (Business Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science)
- Experience with the support of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Systems such as Maximo
- Substantial experience in the implementation and delivery of one or more Business Applications support functions
- Applicable experience and/or practical knowledge of ITIL and ITSM tools such as Service Now
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Sunday 27th November 2022
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at email@example.com or 9420 2000.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website