Allocations Planner - General Merchandise | Supermarkets (905582)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
Allocations Planner - General Merchandise | Supermarkets
- Genuine Career Development Pathways
- Hybrid work arrangements with collaborative workplaces in Bella Vista
- 9 Months Fixed Term Contract
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on a customer’s face.
So, if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
As an Allocator with Woolworths, you will work as part of the Home Essentials Merchandise Planning team to help execute the Seasonal Events and promotional offers that run throughout the entire year. To ensure that the correct amount of stock arrives at the correct store at the right time:
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders throughout the Commercial Team and Replenishment
- Analyse store, article and segment performance to determine opportunites and allocation quantities
- Provide store level allocations and DC order volumes in line with the Event Critcal Path
- Help to trade events and ensure that stores avoid excess residual stock
- Support the Merch Planners with ad-hoc analysis and reporting
Woolworths people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
We are looking for our next superstar with the following qualities:
- 2 Years previous experience as an Allocator or Assistant Planner, preferably within a General Merchandise portfolio
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often complex environment and be adaptable to change
- Attention to detail with an ability to work to strict deadlines
- A Team player with a can do attitude that is not afraid to work with lots of data!
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with an understanding of trend analysis and forecasting
- A love of numbers!
Hear from our Employees
"They have a very flexible and trust-based culture. There is freedom within a framework – everyone has their guidelines and goals which are well communicated, and you get a lot of freedom around how you work within your space". Megna Murali
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application via www.wowcareers.com.au #Work180.
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.