Senior Commercial Analyst - SA/WA (928943)
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent opportunity due to an internal move
- DC operations support role with strong business partnering
- WA or SA based at the Regional Distribution Centre with ad hoc travel to other sites
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy's, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers' favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
About the role
Partner with the Leadership team onsite at our Distribution Centres across SANTWA and 3PLs, to generate analysis, insights, and provide recommendations to understand and improve the overall operation. Deliver timely and accurate reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and financial education and guidance. Work collaboratively with other Senior Business and Business Analysts across the network to simplify, align and improve processes. Partner closely with the National Optimisation, Operations Excellence and Benefits and Investments teams to support the implementation of continuous improvement and project activities.
- Support the SANTWA & 3PL management teams, Workforce planning, OpsX team and Finance Manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting (Month End, Forecast, BPM, Labour Plan, EAs), as well as all ad-hoc requests and analysis.
- Analysing, monitoring and consolidating sites within SANTWA & 3PLs financial performance, determining and recommending any corrective actions required.
- Supporting productivity by providing clear cost to serve analysis to aid and influence decision making and monitoring benefit delivery.
- Providing guidance and coaching to the Leadership and Operations teams in regard to financial performance management.
- Providing financial performance insights, highlighting opportunities, measures of success, and trackability.
- Standardising financial performance reporting, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly requirements are addressed. This should include exception-based “early warning” communication to the Leadership team with escalation to the Finance Manager.
- Lead the accurate forecasting of each cost centre’s volume and financial commitments, which includes working collaboratively with other teams, Operations and State Managers.
- Communicating financial results and drivers with clear, constructive commentary to the National Finance and the Leadership teams.
- Preparing detailed annual operating plans and budgets in collaboration with the National Finance team and the Leadership teams.
- Provide scenario and sensitivity modeling for the negotiations of Employee Bargaining Agreements and any other adhoc queries across SANTWA & 3PLs
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial-related data and insights
- Supporting the consolidation of activities and collaboration across the finance team
- Embrace continuous improvement in finance by enhancing and aligning processes & self-development.
- Actively participating and leading group projects for the Finance function.
In Finance we have an overarching capability framework that brings to life 5 key capabilities that shape who we are, what we do and how we work together, these are; value co-creator, inspiring leader, trusted advisor, agile learner and insights generator. We are looking forward to hearing how you may have demonstrated these capabilities whilst also thinking about your relevant experience in a similar area. You will have:
- Extensive and proven experience in a financial or commercial analyst role.
- Finance or business related degree and/or working towards a professional qualification.
- A solid understanding of supply chain operations, logistics or manufacturing industries
- Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple.
- Solid planning and demonstrated problem-solving skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated achievements in analytical and conceptual finance with experience in financial, variance, and forecasting analysis.
- An ability to provide relevant, timely and insightful commentary that drives change and delivers results.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to manage business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced Excel experience and financial modelling skills.
- Experience with SAP, TM1, GCP, Tableau and other data visualisation tools and financial systems in a commercial environment.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive, with a willingness to step in and take new things on.
What is in it for you
- You will be joining corporate Australia’s largest onsite finance team of over 800 team members. This scale brings complexity, challenges and opportunities for an extremely rewarding career
- Having a career with us means you are joining Australia’s largest retail group which is also at the forefront of innovation and modern ways of working. We are recognised as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, Work180 Endorsed Employer for all women along with Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ workplace inclusion
- Flexibility is valued and supported across Woolworths Group and covers flexible work hours and locations (including working from overseas for up to 8 weeks per year), flexible career opportunities, and flexible leave options
- Career development sessions, internal networking events and mentorship/leadership programs to grow your career
- Team member discounts across all Woolworths Group and partner businesses, access to discounts in novated leases, share purchase plans, lifestyle and other attraction discounts
- Access to a digital platform that offers personalised programs for working parents, carers and people leaders through our partner in Gender Equality and Parental Leave support
- 4 weeks paid parental leave for all secondary carer’s. Both Primary and Secondary Carers who are employed in full or part time roles, are eligible to access Parental Leave entitlements from their first day of employment
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.