Manager Employee Relations
Job Type: Full time
Did you know that Melbourne’s Yarra Trams is the largest operating tram network in the world? With more than 200 million passenger trips taken each year, Yarra Trams connects thousands of people with places every day.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Employee Relations Manager to cover a 13-month parental leave contract. Managing a small team, this role will report into the Head of HR and partner with key internal and external stakeholders to manage workplace relations matters in a practical, collaborative, and contemporary way. You will need to use your critical thinking and excellent communication skills to problem solve, influence stakeholders, and navigate complex issues in this highly industrial environment. Strong technical expertise is required to ensure compliance with our enterprise agreements and legal obligations in accordance with the Fair Work Act and other applicable legislative instruments.
What are we offering?
- Be part of the largest and most iconic tram network in the world!
- Fantastic career opportunity where you will have ownership of your role in a high-profile position
- Work with a collaborative HR team and develop/mentor 1 direct report (ER Advisor)
- Work with highly credible and experienced HR leaders
- Attractive salary package on offer
- Flexibility with hybrid office/home working options
- Free travel pass for Victoria's Public Transport Network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Industrial Relations, Law, Human Resources, or a related discipline
- Extensive workplace relations experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Fair Work Act, Fair Work Commission processes and Australian workplace relations and industrial law
- Extensive experience in providing industrial advice and interpretation of industrial instruments, ideally across a large and complex organisation
- Experience as an industrial relations advocate before the Fair Work Commission
- Experienced in effectively managing multiple stakeholders
We are dedicated to caring for each other, our passengers, and our communities. Yarra Trams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across our teams. In support of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, we encourage candidates with a disability, of all ages and people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Interested? Apply now!
Why Yarra Trams?
Do you want to be a part of a workplace that is based on respect, promotes diversity, and encourages inclusiveness?
If you choose to work with us, you will be joining a team of passionate professionals dedicated to the delivery and improvement of Melbourne’s biggest icon! Additionally, you will receive:
- A Free travel pass for Victoria’s Public Transport Network
- Competitive salary and great conditions
- Professional Development
- Career growth opportunities
- A commitment to your health and wellbeing including free flu vax, discounted gym membership, and access to our Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Paid Parental leave and paid superannuation for primary caregivers
About Yarra Trams
Our passengers, community, people, and operations are the four foundational pillars of our organisation, which help us to continuously improve and deliver safer, better, and more efficient tram services across Melbourne.
As the proud operator of the world's largest tram network and integral part of Melbourne's transport network, Keolis Downer is committed to moving Melbourne forward by delivering solutions for better tram journeys.
We are dedicated to caring for each other, our passengers, and our communities. Yarra Trams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across our teams. In support of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, we encourage candidates with a disability, of all ages and people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply
Please note, our selection process will include pre-employment checks, including police check and pre-employment medical check. Yarra Trams employees are required to adhere to Yarra Trams Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, Health and Safety Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity & Workplace Bullying Policy, Drug and Alcohol Management Program Policy (including drug and alcohol testing programs. Additionally all workers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two doses) unless they have a legitimate and lawful exemption. Evidence of your COVID-19 digital vaccination or exemption certificate will be required.
If you would like further details about an advertised role, or if you require an adjustment in the application process, or any other information in alternate formats please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 800 007