Job Type: Full time
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and building better, stronger communities. Here’s your chance to join the Civil Construction crew as an Excavator Operator. We have multiple vacancies with a steady pipeline of Maintenance and Construction projects on the horizon.
About the role:
Downer are proud to have a variety of exciting construction projects in the pipeline and are on the hunt for an experienced Excavator Operator to join our rapidly growing, dedicated, and supportive crew. You will be working within urban environments. With a variety of forward work planned, you will get to grow your skill set whilst also having a good time with the team.
You will enjoy spending your work days outdoors, work regular hours with the occasional call out, and you don't mind imparting your knowledge to the younger crews. Other responsibilities include;
- Operates heavy excavation plant to excavate, move and load earth, rock and rubble. Registration or licensing is required.
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
You will be a part of a team that designs, builds, and maintains 25,000 kms worth of roads in Aotearoa New Zealand. With over 150 years of projects and knowledge under our belts, our position is strong, and our vision is innovative and future focused (just like your career once you join us). We are building sustainable communities that you can be proud to say that you have been a part of producing.
You will be a team player with an organised and systematic approach to the working environment with some experience in the civil contracting industry. You will also have:
- Hold Class 2 drivers’ licence with W, T, R endorsements (Class 4, 5 an advantage)
- Experience around underground services
- General hazard awareness
- Be committed to championing a work environment with zero harm
- Have practical work experience in road construction and civil
- Hold strong planning skills and the ability to deal with unexpected events and problem solve
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company that has the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We place huge value on developing our people and support ongoing training and development opportunities. We can also offer:
- Guaranteed Full-Time hours – minimum 40 hours per week
- Tools of trade provided including uniform and PPE gear
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply:
Here’s your chance to join a great team, with an ongoing stream of work and career opportunities! If this role interests you, apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and search using job number 597733 or visit your local depot.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.