Water Serviceperson | Reinstatement
Location: Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on a long-term maintenance contract across the Bay of Plenty region.
A bit about your role;
Based in Tauranga but covering the wider Tauranga/ Western Bay of Plenty region, Downer NZ has career opportunities for Reinstatement Water Servicepersons to join their team. The positions are available for either experienced Water Service people or Reinstatement work; OR alternatively candidates with a good understanding of the water industry, are keen to work, and enjoy using your practical skills ideally with relevant engineering, mechanical, or trade qualifications and/or experience.
- All the tools & PPE you’ll need to be successful, phone & vehicle after time in the business + great company benefits
- Join a hard working, supportive, vibrant team who are looking to excel
- Time and a half after 40 hours work a week + once experienced - call out rates
A bit about you;
You will have previous experience with the Water or in Reinstatement and will bring with you;
- A full driver's licence and class 2 HT licence preferred
- Minimum 2 years of civil construction, labouring, preferably involved in water, wastewater and stormwater would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience or an interest in Water Reticulation OR Experience with Reinstatement work (concrete, asphalt, landscape).
- Experience working with Water Mains and Service lines preferred but not essential
- Traffic management skills TC and or STMS trained would be an advantage
- Current confined space entry trained would be an advantage
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597141 to apply.
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.