Assembly Mechanic – Turret
Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Assembly Mechanic - Turret is responsible for the successful Integration of Turret systems in L400 Phase 2 Boxer vehicle and similar assemblies. The technician will complete the Integration, Commissioning, and Test tasks in accordance with RDA manufacturing instructions, quality standards, and WH&S requirements.
As Assembly Mechanic – Turret, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Completing the Inspection and pre-assembly checks of Turret Assembly and associated components prior to Integration;
- Complete Pre and Post shipment technical inspections of Turret Assembly and associated components; assist with generating warranty reports for European stakeholders;
- Completing Turret to Vehicle Integration in accordance with RDA manufacturing instructions;
- Completing production documentation and test protocols related to the Turret Integration, start-up, and commissioning process;
- Investigating and resolving any start-up issues that may occur during final Integration, Test, Commissioning, and FAT processes;
- Complete turret system technical reports and assist Quality department investigations and reporting as required;
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment in the workshop areas. Support the materials team to complete the movement, delivery, and inspection of parts and consumables;
- Supporting the L400 service department with subject matter expertise in regards to Turret Integration and Test; and
- Complete work as required from time to time at other facilities including at the sites of RDA customers and suppliers.
About your new team
This role reports to our Production and Service Manager and forms part of our growing Weapons and Weapon Systems team. The team is expanding throughout 2023 but currently is a team of 6 technicians. The role will be based at our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence (MILVEHCOE) in Redbank.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Cert IV in Armament or equivalent defence armament qualification;
- Cert III in Mechanic, Electronics, or Mechatronics;
- Experience and qualifications in the handling of explosive ordnance;
- Proven experience in the integration of complex electronic and mechatronic weapons systems;
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, manuals, and technical documents;
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and willingness to participate and contribute as part of a team;
- Ability to travel internationally and interstate, when required; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- On-site subsidised café with themed days multiple options
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 12th of February 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01255.