Sedgman, a member of the CIMIC Group, is a leading provider of minerals processing and associated infrastructure solutions to the global resources industry. Our 250-strong portfolio of high-performing processing plants and supporting mine-site infrastructure showcases the value of our specialist focus.
We are a full project life-cycle delivery company incorporating the development, project execution and ongoing operations phases of each project.
Our mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
At Sedgman, we see diversity and inclusion as a foundation of our business and believe that our success is driven by our people. We understand that it takes a broad range of experienced and diverse people to deliver our projects and we are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
We want our people to work in an environment where they feel welcome, supported, respected and heard, regardless of their background, age, gender or ethnicity. We are committed to supporting our employees reaching their full potential and achieving their personal and professional goals.
To help foster the unique skills and talents of our diverse people and a culture which is inclusive, without exception, we have the following in place:
- A clearly stated Mission and Principles.
- A Code of Conduct that sets out the standards and behaviours that we expect from our people.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and unconscious bias training to support a level playing field.
- A diversity and inclusion forum involving employee and management representatives who meet regularly to develop and execute our diversity and inclusion strategy and initiatives.
We have a series of initiatives to promote and increase employment and development opportunities for women at all levels of our business so that we progress towards gender balance; some of these include:
- Undergraduate work placements and a graduate program promoting women in engineering
- Leadership and mentoring programs
- Networks for women, including Lean In Circles and WINTR – a LinkedIn networking group for women in non-traditional roles and industries, and those who support them, to share experience and encourage one another in their career development.