Software Developer - First Nations Delivery Centre
Job Type: Full time
Open to all Australian locations / remote working
Thoughtworks is looking for developers to join its First Nations Delivery Centre programme - a new initiative creating tech careers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The First Nations Delivery Centre is a fully-remote, distributed development team staffed at least 50% with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander technologists, that aims to create an inclusive environment to begin and grow new tech careers. The team delivers custom digital solutions for Thoughtworks clients, while working 100% remote, from anywhere across the country, and with the autonomy to develop their own team and office culture.
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating devops culture
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, always pushing the envelope in order to deliver awesome results for our clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- As a Graduate: less than 1 year relevant experience as a Developer (Graduate Developers will attend Thoughtworks University - recruitment will be conducted in line with term dates)
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bade code
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as a Code, etc
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You're willing and able to commit to travel to client sites, or Thoughtworks offices, in order to solve their business problems from time to time
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
What's on offer
Our goal is equip you with career defining experiences, to help you grow professionally and personally, and to foster a community where you feel you belong. We're committed to making Thoughtworks an employer of choice, and we offer a wide variety of benefits to support the team's advancement, their health and their wellbeing. For more information on these benefits and lots more, click here. If you're ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now (even if you don't feel like you tick all the boxes)!
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.