Processing Specialist (927926)
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
The role is responsible for driving and supporting the Greenstock Processing and Quality team to manage Woolworths Beef, Lamb and Pork through the supply chain which includes both primary (abattoir) and secondary (HFA) processing plants in preparation to fulfill customer demand.
This role will work with Greenstock team members and processing site teams to optimize site performance with regards to achievement of specifications, red meat yield requirements and processing metrics as developed. The role will work with operational stakeholders and build effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external).
This role supports remote working though will involve travel to regional meat processing facilities and would suit someone based in Victoria - a vehicle would be provided.
There will be occasional interstate travel
- Achieve set KPI’s and commercial objectives
- Proactively support the National Meat Processing Manager to identify and implement meat intivaties
- Proactively engage and support Quality and Processing team members and cross functional teams
- Review make sheet, yield, service level and quality compliance. Support the primary processing site team/s with information ensuring quality and processing requirements, metrics and standards are met as per Greenstock expectation
- Working with the primary processing sites to optimize performance with regards to achievement of quality specifications and red meat yield requirements
- Develop continuous improvement plans by site as required for both yield and/or quality issues as identified to optimise/improve performance
- Identify and drive meat end to end trading revenue opportunities for the export market eg AFG, Fresh/bulk formats etc ensuring that these are documented, implemented and communicated appropriately
- Review reporting/metrics to analyse performance and costs across species and abattoirs to minimize costs and increase revenue opportunities
- Maintain master data integrity inclusive yield trees in Foods Connected for areas managed
- Ensure cost (charge) and yield files are maintained as business needs require in Foods Connected
- Identify and implement with abattoirs new system enhancements to improve efficiencies & reporting
What you bring to the role
- Tertiary qualification in food science, meat science, meat production/supply chain specialist or related field; or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience with meat processing (red meat preference)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to travel to regional sites
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Analysis Skills
- Practical Reporting and Presentation Skills
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with both all levels and breadth of the business
- Ability to undertake yield breakdown, review and assess data to form yield tree.
- IT skills - google, excel proficient
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.