Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Senior UX Designer, SeniorConsultant
Are you a user experience designer who is passionate about creating digital products and services that make a measurable impact on people's everyday lives? Do you feel frustrated that youragency concepts, campaigns and prototypes rarely get to exponentially scale?
At Avanade X we make what matters by utilizing the Microsoft platform to create transformative experiences, weave innovation into technology, and champion collaboration that drivesreal impact at scale.
Come join us:
TheCreativePractice is made up of passionate and versatile designers who are constantly developing their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in product and service development.
But more than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our designers at the heart of our culture. We empower our team through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
Together we make what matters.
What you’ll do:
- Apply a focused, human-centered approach to products and services, in order to make what matters for people.
- Take lead roles on projects and expect to set the standards of UX and how we work with other workstreams and teams within Avanade.
- Shape user experiences and products using a range of tools and methods
- Articulate and present your thoughts and creative ideas to clients
- Fine tune your process knowledge and accompanying strategies
- Be confident in your craft and knowledge of tools
- Deliver solutions consistently and proficiently
- Design and facilitate design thinking workshops
- Spearhead the analysis, research, and visualization of a client problem to articulate a creative design solution
- Begin to seek out ways to inspire others
- Solid knowledge of design tools like Figma or Sketch — from wireframes to highly polished design deliverables
- Good understanding of interaction, visual design, and accessibility principles
- Able to review products and systems from best-practice perspective (e.g., usability) and provide recommendations for improvement
- Good presentation skills
- Design thinking methods and UX artefacts (e.g., user scenarios, wireframes, UI prototypes)
- Able to apply and create complex design systems for multiple platforms
- Workshop support or facilitation
- Research execution and analysis
- Trend monitoring
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates high attention to detail, deep understanding of design principles, and creative solutions
- Ideally, a background in consulting and/or working in a creative or digital agency.
- Formal design qualifications preferred
- 6+ years’ experience of UX, Interaction Design and/or Visual Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 5+ years of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops.
- 4+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 4+ years creating experience maps, user journeys, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 4+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 4+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients.
- Characteristics that can spell success for this role
- Embrace challenges with a keen intellect and a thirst for knowledge, expanding your skills based on client demand
- Collaborate seamlessly, fostering open and effective communication, explaining UX gains to internal clients
- Embrace creativity and explore groundbreaking solutions
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade
Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
Real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
Dedicated career advisor to encourage your growth
Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Find out more about some of our benefits here.
A great place to work
As you bring your skills and abilities to Avanade, you’ll get distinctive experiences, limitless learning, and ambitious growth in return. As we continue to build our diverse and inclusive culture, we become even more innovative and creative, helping us better serve our clients and communities. You’ll join a community of smart, supportive collaborators to lift, mentor, and guide you, and to lean on your expertise. You get a company purpose-built for business-critical, leading-edge technology solutions, committed to improving the way humans work, interact, and live. It’s all here, so take a closer look!
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
- Expanding your thinking
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice
- Encouraging boldness
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client
- Prioritizing what matters
To learn more about the types of projects our Experience Design team works on check out these case studies:
Interested in knowing what’s going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs: