Global Events and Experiences Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a business, Avanade is positioning itself as the global leader in AI on Microsoft and has ambitious growth targets. In FY24 you will play a critical role in achieving our $1.5bn origination pipeline target and $750m of closed won business.
The Senior Global Events and Experiences position is an exciting team leadership role within Avanade. You will lead a team of event specialists in our global Centre of Excellence and be responsible for over 15 global flagship events, designing unique experiences for our clients all over the world. As a seasoned leader and people manager, you will be exceptionally client centric in your approach, leveraging client insight and feedback to inform our global events strategy and flagship events plan.
Working closely with, and collaborating with many stakeholders across 20+ countries, you will strategically lead and manage the flawless execution of our global events program with your team. Commercially astute with a strong passion for delivering unique client experiences, you and your team will be accountable to delivering over $250m of new originated pipeline and ROI, whilst playing a pivotal role in improving client satisfaction and loyalty, during these key market moments. In this critical leadership role, you will have the privilege of partnering with Microsoft and Accenture and collaborating across all our regional and global marketing teams. Client events remain one of our biggest generators of sales pipeline. In leading our global events centre of excellence, you and your team will play a lead role in sharing best practice, helping our wider marketing team to innovate and enabling others to drive success across events.
Come join us:
As the Senior Global Events and Experiences Lead, you will be an exceptionally strong leader, with deep expertise in managing large, complex events and leading a team that delivers a strong ROI. Highly motivated and targeted in approach, you will lead and drive high performance and execution excellence across all event activations, enabling our field marketing teams to be successful and sales teams to achieve revenue ambitions.
In this critical leadership role, you will report directly into our Executive, Global Client Experience Marketing Lead and play a pivotal role in our wider Client Experience Marketing function. This exciting role enables us to showcase the very best of Avanade and deliver unique physical and digital client experiences. As our events centre of excellence lead, you will help us define end to end event activation plans, that include major service/product launches or market announcements, client advocacy, technical showcase and VIP client experiences. With your event leadership expertise, we have a real opportunity to advance and integrate our global events with our multi-channel campaigns and ABM programs – focused on the client journey.
This is a truly exciting role that collaborates not only with all of our field marketing teams, but also global marketing leaders and business stakeholders, helping us to truly differentiate and win in our market. Your partnership within our client experience leadership team will be vital as we connect global 1: many, 1: few programs with high touch Account Based Marketing initiatives across our segmentation model.
You will be a trusted advisor and partner for field marketing teams and the business, driving global best practice. You will also be adept at utilizing insights and intelligence to support our event strategy, ongoing optimization and define clear measures of commercial success across key client personas, audiences and regions.
Together we do what matters.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for our end-to-end global events strategy, framework and execution for our critical client communities, to help generate $1.5bn of originated pipeline.
- Lead a high performing integrated events centre of excellence for Avanade, driving best practice in world-class event execution, designing integrated audience journeys and experiences that exceed industry performance benchmarks.
- Lead our global events centre of excellence, nurturing and sharing best practice across our global community of event experts. Provide best practice templates and enablement materials to raise the standard of our client experiences and event communications.
- Deeply partner with our global Solutions & Industry leads, as well as regional marketing leads to clearly define our forecast ROI and KPIs, our content strategy and tiered client experience.
- Work closely with our two most strategic alliances, Microsoft and Accenture, to flawlessly execute our events program.
- Design unique (or VIP) client experiences across global events that cater well for C-Suite clients as well as our deep technical audiences.
- Implement strong CX digital experiences, flawless pre and post event communications, with clear calls to action that advance client conversations.
- Establish robust operating processes and a clear RACI across our teams and within your team to maintain strong service levels for the field and business stakeholders, including a lockstep alignment with other key teams leading Analyst/Media relations, Campaigns, Social Media, Creative design etc to capitalize on these critical market moments.
- Effective management of all external agencies, delivering major programs and projects on time, within budget.
- Accountable for the global events marketing budget, defining measurement frameworks, event KPI’s and measuring success in flight, to optimize performance across the team.
- Understand the client market trends, gain market insight and client feedback to help shape the events strategy.
- Responsible for defining key target accounts, critical personas and target lists for event invitations, in partnership with our regional teams.
Skills and experiences:
- B2B technology or services-orientated company background.
- Experience in matrixed organization with complex / lengthy buying cycles.
- Experience in managing global events with exceptional program management skills.
- Management experience and large global events expertise.
- Expert knowledge and experience of managing multiple complex global events, whilst leading virtual teams of experts across paid media, social, creative, content etc.
- Proven experience in delivering a strong ROI across events and experiences.
- Expertise in designing unique client experiences that really differentiate your company.
- Expertise in managing effective digital/virtual events to enhance our online event experiences.
- Knowledge and experience in managing virtual / digital events, optimizing the design by analyzing performance/engagement/impact.
- Experience in leveraging events to support client advocacy (client panel discussions, client showcases or client presentations).
- Excellent event planning and project management skills, confident at managing complex programs in a matrix environment.
Characteristics that can drive success for this role:
- Enjoy personally coaching and mentoring your direct team, as well and supporting the development of other key marketeers in the field.
- Play a key leadership role in the extended marketing leadership team, informing our strategy, KPI’s and cross team transformation initiatives.
- Be open and collaborative, responding well to open feedback and taking insight from different perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solver and ‘big-picture’ thinker.
- Be passionate about innovating, leveraging generative AI to advance your execution and team performance.
- Seasoned professional who knows how to use events and experiences to nurture client demand and interest throughout the buying cycle.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business impact metrics and how to impact marketing metrics across the funnel.
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (18 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your growth
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
Find out more about some of our benefits here.
A great place to work
As you bring your skills and abilities to Avanade, you’ll get distinctive experiences, limitless learning, and ambitious growth in return. As we continue to build our diverse and inclusive culture, we become even more innovative and creative, helping us better serve our clients and communities. You’ll join a community of smart, supportive collaborators to lift, mentor, and guide you, and to lean on your expertise. You get a company purpose-built for business-critical, leading-edge technology solutions, committed to improving the way humans work, interact, and live. It’s all here, so take a closer look!
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity | Avanade page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
- Expanding your thinking
- Experimenting courageously
- Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice
- Encouraging boldness
- Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client
- Prioritizing what matters
- Acting as one
Marketing is part of our Corporate Functions team. To learn more, check out these items:
Interested in knowing what’s going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs: