Advisory, Organisational Change Management, Consultant/Sr Consultant
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Bring together your OCM and Technology skills to help organisations shift their ways of working and make most of their digital ecosystem.
Avanade Advisory partners with clients to pragmatically solve problems and evolve their digital enterprise transformation through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Come join us
Our Organisational Change Management Advisory team sits at the intersection of business strategy, technology and industries and thrives on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Working with our clients we help them define change strategies to transform their working structures and processes, drive adoption and deliver the expected return on their digital workplace strategy.
As you bring your skills, abilities, ideas and energy to Avanade, you’ll get distinctive experiences, limitless learning and ambitious growth in return. As we continue to build our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture, we become even more innovative and creative, helping us better serve our clients and our communities. You’ll join a community of smart, supportive collaborators to lift, mentor and guide you, but also lean on your expertise. You get a company purpose-built for business-critical, leading-edge technology solutions, committed to improving the way humans work, interact and live. It’s all here, so take a closer look! Together we do what matters.
What you’ll do
- Help clients shape their transformation plans, in identifying the opportunities for change, the value drivers that will make it successful, and shaping into their roadmap for change.
- Provide hands-on programme and change management capabilities on large scale transformation and change programmes for our varied clients.
- Lead or co-ordinate relevant workstreams.
- Help set the vision, right culture of behaviours, and pace and momentum for change in that business or organisation.
- Support the design, implementation and management of transformation offices and the supporting infrastructure, in overseeing and directly change and transformation.
- Articulate a compelling case for change, and coach Change Sponsors (and our own team) on messaging, influence and behaviour modelling for their teams.
- Design and delivery of change initiatives such as training, communication enablement, change network enablement, Org design, operating model alignment, cultural embedding, measurement and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate excellent client management and engagement skills.
Skills and experiences
- Experience of supporting the delivery of change and transformation projects, either within industry or a consultancy.
- Working knowledge and experience across different sectors and industries and the various scenarios and drivers creating the need for change.
- Understanding change in the broader organisational context and the ability to provide a functional lens based on capability in areas such as Finance, HR, and / or Operations.
- Involvement on the development and delivery of change and transformation strategies, associated implementation plans, business cases, and operating and governance structures for large scale transformation and change programmes. Including target operating model design, organisational design and reorganisation, cost base rationalisation and strategy development and mobilisation.
- Excellent PowerPoint and visual development skills. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal as you will be in continuous contact with clients.
- Have a real passion for technology and how it positively influences development of the workplace and employee roles and experience.
Characteristics that can spell success for this role
- Consultative, collaborative, relationship builder
- Resilient, adaptable, flexible
- Intellectually curious and passionate about tech
- Storyteller and engaging content creator
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade
- Top-shelf clients – our clients accelerate value by being bold, imaginative – and fast. Look at who we work with – you’ve probably heard of them and just might want to work with them, too
- Next-level work – Utilise emerging tech and become adept at solving business critical issues, acquire industry expertise, and a deep understanding of the technologies and capabilities within the Microsoft ecosystem
- Flexible work schedule – We provide employees with a flexible work schedule that includes flexible start and end times as well as the ability to work remotely
Find out more about some of our benefits here.
A great place to work
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
- Expanding your thinking
- Experimenting courgeously
- Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice
- Encouraging boldness
- Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client
- Prioritizing what matters
- Acting as one
To learn more about the types of projects our Advisory team works on check out these case studies:
Interested in knowing what’s going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs:Inside Avanade - explore what life is like working at Avanade