Principal Engineer - Site Engineering Authority
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Principal Engineer – Site Engineering Authority
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Market rate pay and in line with experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering engineering authority duties and facility/asset substantiation documentation
- Providing engineering assurance across Projects, Operations and Maintenance
- Responsibility for asset management across defined assets
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Verifying engineering calculations, analysis, designs and other documentation, to ensure compliance
- Report writing
- Challenging new requirements across the business and developing a statement of requirements to ensure equipment performance meets programme and legislative requirements
- Carrying out design reviews
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience and/or qualifications in an Engineering discipline
- Experience of engineering design review/assessment of facilities and equipment
- Experience in design authority for facilities and equipment
- Experience within the nuclear or other high-hazard industries
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Site Engineering Authority - Nuclear team:
As a Principal Engineer, you will be providing engineering assurance across the site within projects, process and operations. The team act as a verification function, ensuring that work is compliant with statutory requirements, site license conditions and business processes. You will provide technical guidance, and support to asset management across the site. You will also identify and implement opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained and improved.
This role will provide you with the chance to be a part of our recently established Site Engineering Authority capability, with scope for future professional development and growth within the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.