Master Data Management - Senior Data Analyst
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Warton. We offer hybrid arrangements for this role – please speak to the recruiter for further details
Salary: £49,135+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Translating business requirements and rules in into technical design specifications
- Building and deploying data service and MDM solutions into the business, using an ITIL framework
- Working with multidimensional and relational data sets to create conformed data models, presenting an information service layer over multiple business data sources
- Leading the development and enforcement of data governance policies and data quality rules across multiple MDM services
- Proactively encouraging the business to accept the integration of MDM governance across customer communities
- Recording and monitoring development activities in a change management database
- Managing the investigation and responses to incidents in a timely and responsive manner ensuring service level agreements are achieved, whilst maintaining consistent communications with the customer base
- Creating and reviewing user guides and standard operating procedures, and providing leadership/mentoring to junior members of the MDM team
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of building data services including aspects of creating design specifications, data modelling/conditioning/integration, improving data quality, data governance, testing and deployment/support.
- Experience of working with MDM tools (e.g. Semarchy, TIBCO EBX, Informatica), using datasets from multiple business domains and an ability to demonstrate the challenges of working with these datasets
- Experience of communicating complex technical processes to customers in an understandable way
- Awareness of BI / Reporting tools such as Power BI, Cognos or Tableau is desired but not essential
- Experience of leading a technical team and effective delegation of tasks to junior team members
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The IM&T team:
You will be a vital member of this team, developing leading edge business intelligent solutions and solving complex business challenges through insights. You also will be working closely with stakeholders to understand requirements to design and deliver relevant and informative data feeds into business solutions to provide meaningful outputs to the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.