Information Security Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Information Security Specialist
Location: This role offers a range of base locations – Frimley, Broad Oak, Scotstoun, New Malden or Filton with some travel involved. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to£54,667.00 (Dependent upon qualifications and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing advice and guidance on Information Assurance, Risk Management and Mitigation activities
- Creating, maintaining and managing accreditation artefacts (for example: RMADS, SyOPs, Risk Assessments, IA Risk Registers, Security Management Plans, Risk Balance Cases, Snapshot Technical Risk Assessments etc.)
- Providing advice and guidance on the application of Security Controls to products
- Attending and supporting Security Working Groups
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with relevant Security standards, processes and technologies as well as further developing your skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
- Providing help and direction to team members to support both effective working and development
- Support the Product Security Special Interest Group by sharing best practice
- Ensure compliance with the SHE Management System is maintained and help to improve the overall SHE performance
- Provide suitable information / instruction / communication for the team members to undertake all activities in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for SHE, setting high standards across all areas and provide visible active commitment leading by example
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of the Ministry of Defence accreditation processes and working within security frameworks
- Practical knowledge of Risk Assessment and Mitigation (RMADS)
- CCP qualification or equivalent (e.g. CISMP, CISM, CISSP etc.)
- Ability to lead technical Security discussions / assessments and reviews
- Organisational skills (planning, recording and discussion development) and discipline (adherence of standards)
- The aptitude to shape the technical solution across a number of organisations (Consortium and suppliers)
- Demonstrate Customer Focus through forging partnerships that shape customer expectations
- Registered as Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or working towards ChartershipEngineer (CEng)
You will receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You will also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Core Team
Streams of product Security – information assurance & risk management, mitigating the risk or exploitation prevention, or Physical Security. Looking at access to physical layered defence to access to servers/computers etc.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You will be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you will be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.