IT Development Manager
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IT Development Manager
Location: Filton, Portsmouth or Glasgow. We offer hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role – please speak the recruiter for further details
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s) guiding the organisation towards accepting change
- Leads the selection of appropriate methods, tools, techniques; selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches
- Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and all stakeholders
- Sets direction and leads in the introduction and use of techniques, methodologies and tools, to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups
- Leads and plans improvement activities identifying alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend solutions which exploit new technologies and automation
- Takes on a lead role; owns specific work areas and coaches others
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of managing a multi discipline development team
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft development platforms
- Ability to present performance reports
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
IM&T Development Team
The IM&T Development Team designs, develops and maintains bespoke database applications to support the needs of the Naval Ships business. This enables our engineers to handle an increasingly complex design process. We exploit the features of Oracle APEX wherever possible to provide apps which manage a range of activities such as actions, data reporting, the change process and ship design.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.