BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Bid Manager
Location: Christchurch – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading all aspects of the planning & execution of the overall Proposal development effort, including the “selling” document delivered to the Customer
- Leading & managing the Bid/Proposal Team through all Bid/Proposal aspects of Capture activities, including, budget administration, resource & facilities estimation & development & execution of the Bid/Proposal Management Plan
- Defining/tailoring & implementing a suitable Bid/Proposal process to fit the Opportunity, integrating the solution refinement/freeze with the Proposal development activities
- Identifying & capturing RFP/ITT requirements to determine the appropriate Proposal document structure & conducts storyboard & win theme development activities
- Preparing & training Bid/Proposal Team members as required, especially Volume Leaders, in the Bid/Proposal process methods to ensure understanding & adherence to the process, practices & schedule established for the Bid/Proposal
- In coordination with the Capture Manager, selecting reviewers & scheduling/organising key Bid/Proposal reviews to assure Proposal quality & compliance, together with consistency across the Proposal & associated plans & review material
- Managing the business approval process, any security & export approvals & the final editing, production & Proposal delivery arrangement. Ensuring configuration control of key proposal documentation & ensuring effective communication of changes to key stakeholders
- Managing any re-submission or clarification activities through to contract award (LCM Phase 2B)
Your skills and experiences:
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Power Point , Project & Excel
- Strong Stakeholder management & influencing skills
- Experience working in a large complex organisation
- Awareness of the Shipley Business Winning principles & LCM governance process
- Explicit knowledge of working on campaigns for MOD contracts, understanding of terminology, timelines and procurement process
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Business Development team:
As a part of the Business Development Team you will be responsible for & take full ownership of the bid schedule planning, closely following Shipley Business Winning Principles & LCM Governance Process. Ensuring full bid compliance & the management of formal Proposals & associated review materials.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.