Software Engineering-Full Stack Developer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Our team of agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Work with Product Owner, Design Team and Development Team to ensure new features are well understood
- Document design decisions, implementation details and support information for client-side and server-side features
- Write clean, secure code, fully tested features (unit, integration, end-to-end, resiliency, security, performance)
- Be a proactive member of the team, suggesting improvements and ensuring that mistakes are learned from by sharing knowledge
- Troubleshooting production issues in a client facing environment
- Supporting less experienced developers on the team
- Experience in developing applications using an Object Orientated language. Java 11 is what the team uses.
- Familiarity with Databases and SQL
- Experience with SCM and CI tools, with the desire to fully embrace a devops environment
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Managing assignments and escalating where there are difficulties
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, to interface with our stakeholders
- Attention to detail with good organisational skills