Java Software Developer, Regulatory Reporting, Associate
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award-winning Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Business/Data Analyst.
Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our Glasgow Technology Centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan. Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting-edge technologies.
As an experienced member of our Technology Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development life cycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Wholesale Payments Regulatory Reporting organization supports over 2,000 regulatory reports and solutions globally as mandated by 50+ regulatory agencies in support of the changing payments processing and product offering landscape. Data accuracy and completeness coupled with platform flexibility aligned with rapidly changing market/regulatory conditions is essential to maintain the firm’s reputation, support business expansion and avoid fines/sanctions across the global regulatory space. Growing regulatory scrutiny and mandates are aligned with cyber controls that address the evolving payment processing landscape, dictating a wider set of data attributes, a deeper set of party data and growing real-time/on-demand views of JPMC’s transaction data. From a submission standpoint, no-touch report generation is now both an expectation from regulatory agencies as well as a must in order to support growing volumes and operational accuracy.
In order to support the global agenda, Wholesale Payments Regulatory Reporting technology is in midst of a multi-year transformation journey to leverage strategic global data repositories, build report formats utilizing the firm’s target Regulatory Reporting Engine platform and increase automation through use of latest technology stack (including Cloud adoption) to support growing needs and demands from regulators including customized API frameworks.
As Senior Java Developer you will play a critical role as part of overall transformation activities as well as be aligned with targeted deliveries driven by large JPMC programs (ISO, Payments Platform Transformation) coupled with global regulator mandates. You will develop and/or broaden your business domain exposure as well as hone your technical skills. You will be part of the team that is passionate at solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll get the opportunity to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development life cycle, as well as partner continuously with varied stakeholder groups (product, operations, compliance and technical) on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will have the opportunity to gain an overall business understanding across a wide product space (Cash, Trade, Loans, Foreign Exchange, Custody) and regions supported by the bank.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and demonstrated capabilities, including:
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including back-end services and database
- Face off to and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global team.
- Own end to end delivery of the product and work with management to manage/mitigate any risk
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent knowledge of software development using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit
- Experience in application architecture and design
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle
- Experience in building REST APIs and MicroService
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building attitude
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
Good to have
- Experience in Payments or Regulatory Reporting Domain
- Experience in one or more areas - ETL/BI tools or Big data
- Knowledge on container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk
- Knowledge on scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M