IPB Product Owner - Asset Transfers - Vice President (VP) - Glasgow/Edinburgh
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The candidate will collaborate with other project/program managers, business and data analysts, business SMEs, and technology teams to drive projects, ensuring clear priorities and completion of tasks, mitigating risks and overall leading the project to deliver on business benefits. The ideal candidate is an outside-the-box thinker and approaches problem solving with an open mind. They should be highly collaborative and outgoing in order to build highly usable products. In a fast paced, highly visible environment, this opportunity presents growth and rewarding benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze current product data sources and processes to determine gaps and points for standardization across existing front office and operations teams
- Partner with various teams across different LOB’s and roles, Security Operations, Client Service and Business Management to complete comprehensive business analysis and assess requirements documentation for new request and/or Data Quality issues
- Liaise with Technology to ensure the functional design and build requirements meet with submitted business requirements
- Lead / support various projects - Develop and manage projects, ensure timely quality deliverables and report project progress.
- Ability to understand data architectures and data flows to recommend effective data management techniques
- Experience in a major financial services organization (with data project experience preferred)
- Experience in creating process & data flows and business requirement documentation
- Background in data management practices,
- Strong interpersonal leadership, partnership and influencing skills - ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like manner and achieve goals without direct control over resources.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes, identifying risks and defining solutions
- Strong ability to work in uncertain operational environment, while staying organized and driving initiatives forward
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Block-chain and other analytics tools a plus
- Understanding of Intra-firm securities transfers/operations is welcome