Site Reliability Engineer – Equities Technology
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Global Portfolio Swap (GPS) team look for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the infrastructure management, system performance and capacity enhancements, system hygiene, as well as partnering continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to modernize and automate of software deployment processes and maintaining application environments. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role offers flexible working arrangements up to 40% work from home.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient in infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Strong general technology background in the distributed applications space (i.e. Unix and core server infrastructure, networking / network routing protocols, load balancing, storage systems, middleware web services, etc.)
- Data center infrastructure knowledge – an understanding of the core elements of both the data center and the infrastructure that runs within it
- Understanding of the software delivery lifecycle/CI-CD pipeline tools such as GIT, Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience on analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace, etc.
- Experience with Unix / Linux scripting languages like, Bash / Shell Scripting, Python, Perl etc.
- Champions a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
- Leads failure analysis / root cause analysis when required
The following attributes are desirable, but not essential to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering / infrastructure management discipline.
- Experience of familiarity with AWS cloud deployments.
- Partnership and Influence. Liaise and partner with GTI to provide a seamless service delivery of End User technologies.
- In-depth OS experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Knowledge or experience in working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices