Python Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced full stack developer to join our team.
You will be contributing to an application that automatically loads and analyzes data each day, alerting users when attention is required and allowing the users to review and clear those alerts via a browser based UI.
This role would suit someone who is comfortable working in all areas of the system, from Oracle SQL query optimisation, to developing modern web interfaces that can retrieve, display and allow users to interact with the data in an efficient manner.
The ideal candidate would have experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Server side Object Oriented programming – Python/Django preferred but not essential;
- RDBMS design and SQL optimisation experience - Oracle preferred but not essential
More generally, as a member of our Software Engineering team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, and software improvement