AWM Global Finance and Business Management EMEA Expense Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Financial Analysis is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, oversight, and coordination of budgeting and forecasting. Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) teams are responsible for a wide range of activities including financial control, forecasting and budgeting, analysis of financial/business metrics, delivery of weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting, development of new reporting capabilities (e.g. dashboards), and advising the line of business CFOs on how to increase profitability and efficiencies.
You will be responsible for one of our key financial measures such as revenues, expenses, headcount, or profitability modelling, where you will be expected to deliver value-added financial reporting and analysis, and assist with strategic direction and decision making. You will be expected to provide leadership across the FP&A teams, and interact regularly with the FP&A Managers, the line of business CFOs and peers across Finance & Business Management and the business.
In a Financial Analysis role, you would be responsible for:
- Financial budgeting, reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Efficiency reporting, analytics and strategy - including, but not limited to - location strategy, span of control, reporting and analytics
- Creating financial business cases supporting business initiatives
- Developing and tracking performance metrics, creating presentations, and generally providing financial analysis on a variety of topics to senior management
- Oversight of the process to deliver month-end results, the forecast for the remainder of the year, and the budget for future years.
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to FP&A managers and line of business CFOs explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets.
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Enhancing controls and streamlining processes, introducing automation where possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a subject of a technical nature
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely