Risk Reporting - VP
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The candidate will be based in Bournemouth and will report to the EMEA Head Legal Entity Risk Reporting. Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting risks at the legal entity level. The position requires interactions with Market and Credit Risk Management, regional Legal Entity Risk Reporting teams and internal/external audit/regulatory functions. The role provides exposure across all risk stripes and key responsibilities are as follows:
- Production and substantiation of a varied range of monthly and quarterly credit risk or cross risk reports. There is a critical need to focus on ensuring risk reporting is comprehensive, timely, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform independent review of the reports prior to distribution, ensuring reasonableness and integrity of risk information.
- Preparation of dashboards and qualitative analysis to present risks in a succinct manner.
- Ensure consistency in practices and procedures around reporting of risks exposures across locations.
- Implement and run ad hoc portfolio analysis as requested by risk management
- Delivery of both tactical and strategic enhancements to underlying report production processes
- Implement and embed robust quality assurance control checks through the reporting process
- Assist in the development and standardization of Risk Reporting across LOBs (e.g. Corporate and Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Asset Management, Private Bank)
- Documentation of relevant standard operating procedures.
- Interact with risk reporting, risk management, finance and technology teams in other regions. Present to Senior Management and Legal Entity CROs to articulate key risks and trends.
- Leading regional/global projects and working groups.
- Supervision and development of Risk Reporting staff.
- Relationship management with key senior management stakeholder and regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and Business Objects
- Solid background in the development and use of Macro’s and VBA
- Ability to use analytical and visualisation software such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Strong knowledge on risk control processes
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities
- Previous management experience
- Some product knowledge and / or experience of Wholesale Credit, Market, Country, or Liquidity risk is desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data with a sense of ownership
- Degree or equivalent desirable