PEGA Software Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
End DateMonday 11 July 2022
Salary Range£50,130 - £85,137
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary.
PEGA Engineer (Financial Services)
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: UK-wide (Edinburgh; Bristol; Halifax; Leeds, Manchester; London)
Salary & Benefits: £50,130 to £ £85,137 (depending on experience) base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands - including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows - as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country.
What Team does this sit within?
Core Platforms is on a journey to build the bank of the future and simplify our operational processes to help our customers with our Business Process Management (Pega & Workflow), Customer Relationship Management (MS Dynamics) and API Integration technologies. We lead, prioritise, and deliver change across the Group Transformation Teams – Retail, Insurance & Wealth, Commercial & Business Bank and Enterprise by engaging with the Business areas, understanding their need, and delivering change in an agile way to safely deliver benefit for our Customers and Colleagues.
We work tirelessly to make decisions real time and identify ways of improving the customer journey as well as making sure we are compliant and meet regulatory directives. We offer customers education and awareness that is timely, tailored, and effective to help keep them informed of the best products available to them. All of which will have you going home feeling that you have added true value to the customers we support.
As a PEGA Engineer, you would be part of our CTO – Core Platforms committed to ensuring that we deliver multiple applications across all brands and channels, whilst offering the best possible customer experience.
We have invested heavily in the latest evergreen Cloud based technology such as Pega 8, which allows for rapid development of innovative solutions to support customers across their channel of choice.
What would I do as a PEGA Engineer?
As a key member of our agile development community, you'll build, maintain, and evolve our data capabilities whilst embracing the best industry standards
- You’ll be making a real difference, as you'll blend both deep domain and technical expertise within a feature team.
- You'll bring your passion for developing people.
- You'll be innovating the epicentre of the digital revolution in Enterprise Data as we begin our journey to the cloud and enabling earlier value release for our customers.
- Driving down the total cost of ownership of our products and driving agile adoption, in teams as part of the broader engineering community from cultural aspects of agile to adoption of collaboration tools.
- You’ll help set the direction for the software engineers in your area, collaborating and forging relationships with teams in UK (London, Bristol, Edinburgh and West Yorkshire) and India.
What are some of the specific activities I’ll be responsible for?
- Take ownership of specific problems and deliver customer focused outcomes
- Work in cross functional environment by working closely with software engineers, quality engineers and security engineers.
- Work on platform that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new changes into customer hands
- Enable the engineers to build diverse cloud skills and deliver high quality pipelines in an agile environment
- Be a team player who can build relationships and work productively with other teams across a variety of domains
What do we need to see from candidates who apply?
We like people who come from diverse industry and cultural background, however we'll need to see evidence of the following in your CV;
- Experience on PEGA 7, 8.x is required.
- Additionally experience in rebuilding applications in PEGA 8 would be good, however not essential.
- String Core Java skills
- Must have prior experience in REST/SOAP webservices
- Knowledge of working with Pega applications frameworks Like CLM (Customer Lifecycle Manager), Customer Service, Smart Disputes etc.
- Strong understanding WAS, JBoSS and Tomcat servers
- Experience in developing web services using JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAX-B and Java web-frameworks.
- Understanding of react and front-end development is desirable.
- An understanding and appreciation of PEGA Business and/or PEGA Technical environment.
- Understanding of cloud based architecture and services would be advantageous.
- To be familiar with an Agile delivery environment working collaboratively with partners in the UK and India.
We’d also love to see your experience in championing cultural changes including adoption of agile e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and practices such as DevOps tooling.
It would also be great if you have:
- Able to show capability to change, evolve and to learn new tools and techniques and help encourage others to do likewise
- Shows accomplished experience having held roles across the lifecycle from business requirements, partner management, analysis and design of solutions, proto-typing, build, test, implementation, and application support
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people through personal development, training, qualifications and upskilling on the job.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.