Business Transformation Manager - Group Corporate Treasury
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
End DateMonday 04 July 2022
Salary Range£61,176 - £76,470
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryManager - GCT Business Transformation
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses, and communities as we play a central role in creating a thriving UK economy. Together we will deliver our strategic vision 2022 of being a UK focussed digital leader and integrated financial service provider with our aim to become the best bank for our customers, colleagues, and shareholders.
You will be joining our Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) function, with its core purpose of arranging funding, liquidity, and capital as well as managing market risk for the Group.
What will you be doing?
Your role will be within the Business Transformation Team, part of GCT Finance and Reporting. Our purpose is to provide technical accounting guidance, valuable financial insights, and innovative solutions on ‘one-off complex transactions’, new products, and new business initiatives. We ensure that these are delivered in a governed and timely manner. Alongside this, we encourage and foster a continuous improvement culture throughout GCT.
Initially, your primary focus will be on one-off transactions, new products and new business initiatives with key accountabilities including:
- Performing feasibility analysis over proposals from the business and collaborating with various teams to design innovative and efficient structures for transactions such as capital debt restructuring, securitisations, mergers, and acquisitions
- Summarising statutory and management accounting impacts of ‘one-off complex transactions’ on the Group and at legal entity levels, both on a day one and ongoing basis
- Analysing the hedge accounting impact of ‘one-off complex transactions’ and the impact on capacity in existing models
- Understanding the operational booking approach and any limitations or challenges for new products or initiatives and supporting business SMEs in designing solutions
- Assessing the level of governance required for the proposals and ensuring that we adhere to Group Minimum Standards
- Preparing governance papers (including summary documents and detailed accounting analysis, hosting governance meetings to engage key business partners on a timely basis and obtaining approvals to support successful delivery
Over time, you will also provide great guidance and support the facilitation of business process reviews across GCT, utilising LEAN principles and the DMAIC framework. The key activities will include:
- Completing comprehensive process reviews to help identify ‘waste’ and improvement opportunities
- Selecting improvement options, prioritising the initiatives and providing implementation roadmaps for senior sponsors
- Driving the continuous improvement culture, which may include rolling out LEAN training to colleagues across the department and empowering them to implement operational excellence initiatives
This role requires technical accounting and treasury expertise but is not driven by the usual month or year-end reporting cycle. The analysis you undertake on strategic transactions and initiatives will be extremely high profile, involve significant colleague interaction and your day-to-day role will benefit from a real breadth and variety!
What key capabilities, knowledge, skills, and experience would help you succeed in this role?
- Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and post qualification experience gained within the Treasury space, although industry background is less important
- Proficiency at using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- An ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the purpose of a Treasury function within a Bank and the products used (e.g. Interest Rate Swaps, Bonds)
- An awareness of the different hedging strategies performed by a Treasury function and the concept of hedge accounting more broadly
- Experience in preparing accounting papers or similar analysis
- Experience of working in a controlled and governed manner
- Great collaborative skills
- Great influencing skills and the ability to explain and present ‘complex’ concepts in a ‘simple to understand’ form
- A commercial and strategic mentality, with the confidence to challenge assumptions
- An inquisitive personality with a desire to challenge how we do things
Some desirable attributes:
- Experience of performing financial analysis or modelling
- An awareness of regulations impacting Treasury
- Experience of learning or putting the LEAN/DMAIC framework into practise
What you'll get in return.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group’s vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
You’ll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We’re a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working (the expectation is that you work a minimum of two days a week in the Office).
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.