Group Head of Data Ethics
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Greater London
Job Type: Full time
End DateTuesday 12 July 2022
Salary Range£116,272 - £145,340
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryAs below
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions, so we have a huge responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
And our Chief Data and Analytics Office is already playing a huge part in the Group's further £3bn digitisation…
Our mission is to promote, embed and commercialise Data & Analytics practice and culture across the business to enable a data-enabled organisation.
We've got a bold Data Strategy to harness the potential within Data and Machine Learning to achieve our goal of being the best bank for customers.
This key Leadership role is responsible for crafting and aligning our Data Ethics strategy, standards and priorities, ensuring ‘ethics by design’ and ‘data used for good’ is embedded across the Group. You’ll also drive the adoption of data ethics standard methodologies and tooling with appropriate checks and monitoring across business and platform teams.
What will you be focussing on?
Developing cohesive Data Ethics reusable patterns and controls that bring alignment and opportunities to enable data exploitation in keeping with Group values
Leading development and embedding of Group-wide ethical data use framework that ensures data collection, use and disposal are done legally, morally and fairly
Driving education of business and platform teams on importance of Data Ethics to customers and commercial benefits to the Group
Driving adoption of Data Ethics methodology, tooling, checks and monitoring across business, platform teams and Group functions
Driving teamwork and partnership with Model Development & Governance teams, Technology, Architecture and Enterprise Data on tooling adoption
Providing thought leadership, research and expertise on Data Ethics to data, business and platform teams.
Help shape UK Government, Financial Services industry and relevant regulatory thinking for the betterment of UK society
Partnering with and influencing senior Data, Analytics and Model Ownership leads on prioritising Data Ethics, using data as an enabler to meet strategic objectives
What we're seeking in you (essential)...
- Leadership level experience of embedding Data Ethics best practice and ethical data use framework in large scale complex organisation
- Sound knowledge of analytics, data science life cycles and how to support / demonstrate these capabilities to promote Data Ethics best practices, tooling, checks and monitoring
- Understanding of emerging technology trends that are driving creative approaches to handling and using data for good
- End to end experience from setting strategy, securing investment, leading design and technology decisions, through to oversight of implementation and embedding
- Experience of building and mentoring chapters of subject experts, developing talent and advancing team members towards their career objectives
- Validated programme management and group wide/large scale co-ordination experience
- Strong understanding of how data is used in the business with foresight to identify and mitigate Data Ethics risks
- Knowledge of technology vendors to help select partners to help deliver our strategy
- Confident relationship manager able to influence senior partners and course correcting initiatives towards strategic outcomes
- Established knowledge of how data can support customers and delivery out Groups objectives
- Holder of appropriate Data Protection qualification (e.g. BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection or CIPP/E) or keen to develop specialist knowledge
- Ability to make complicated technological concepts simple to senior audiences
Our function is full of down to earth collaborative people whose passions centre around data and sharing new skills, technologies, and approaches to data management.
Together we can make it possible
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we also have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a truly rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
We're also hugely passionate about diversity with awards won across disability, ethnicity, gender and LGBTQ+. Nothing should hold you back from applying and if you need any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment processes just let us know!
You'll also receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A performance related annual award
- Generous pension contribution, share schemes and discounted shopping
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays on top
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
So if this sounds like your ideal next move and you've got the desired skills and background then get in touch and apply, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.