Manager - Oversight of Consumer Duty Implementation
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Edinburgh, Glasgow City, Greater London, Greater Manchester, West Midlands, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
End DateTuesday 05 July 2022
Salary Range£57,048 - £71,310
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours
Job Description SummaryThe Consumer Duty will increase the level of protection for clients in the Retail Financial Services Market. In CCOR we are recruiting an experienced Manager to join our team overseeing Business & Commercial Banking to oversee the regulatory interpretation and implementation of the Consumer Duty in B&CB. This is an Advisory role within Second line of Defence, Risk Division. In addition to overseeing this significant regulatory change the colleague will support with oversight of other major change and oversight of the risks associated with new/amended products confirming risk appetite and regulatory expectations are being met.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Conduct, Compliance and Operational Risk team, part of Lloyds Banking Group's second line Risk Division.
No day is the same. We engage right across the Group, advising on ways to improve how we keep the bank safe, delight our customers and Help Britain Prosper. This means we work closely as a collaborative team and spend a lot of our time looking at different areas of the Bank and analysing data to help our teams and businesses.
We are a diverse group of people, who come from many different backgrounds. Whilst we celebrate these differences, we share a common vision to offer new insight, support and challenge to senior management.
It’s no surprise then that we are looking for people who are up for challenge, have a thirst for ways to improve the business and themselves, love learning and are willing to be flexible. Your experience will be invaluable to us, whether it is already in a risk and compliance role, close to the customer in the business or in skills that support our future vision for the team. In return you can expect to get great development opportunities, be empowered to try new ways of working and an opportunity to work across many areas of the Bank.
Sounds like your kind of place? If you have the following skills, experience or knowledge we'd love to hear from you!
- Proven background/experience in Regulation / Compliance that can apply their skills to interpret / help B&CB implement CD safely & to the required timescales.
- A background in Regulatory, Legal, Risk & Control, Compliance, Operational Risk, Advisory (Big 4 or similar) would be helpful.
- Understanding of the new Consumer Duty (CD) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of FCA handbook standards, relevant Banking regulation and associated industry bodies / codes.
- Good understanding of Business Banking, SME, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) segment(s).
- Experience supporting and oversighting regulatory and/or change programmes, actively providing advice, challenge, and insight. The individual will be the day-to-day CCOR risk lead facing into the Consumer Duty programme for B&CB / CIB and will need to provide a strong risk voice.
- Where this is a large cross cutting project the successful individual will need to manage and engage different stakeholders working collaboratively, including colleagues supporting Consumer Duty from a wider Group perspective.
- Time management / prioritisation skills. The individual will often need to deliver content / messaging for senior stakeholders on relatively short notice, so the ability to flex workload, manage timelines and be able to deliver concise, clear messages is key.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels.
- Capable of understanding strategy and will actively work to influence/improve and/or automate controls within strategic developments delivered.
- Analytically minded – capable of undertaking data led monitoring, identify themes, draw learnings from incidents and near misses (using internal and externally available data).
- Highly motivated, upbeat self-starter with good diplomacy skills!
People are our priority, with a focus on empowerment, career progression, learning & development. We're an inclusive team, valuing a diverse range of styles and opinions. We recognise that in order to attract the best people we need to be flexible and therefore we encourage applications from people who may require flexible working arrangements. We are an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So what you get in return!
You can expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus and share plans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
Salary noted is for colleagues based in London
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.