Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Greater London
Job Type: Full time
End DateWednesday 22 June 2022
Salary Range£61,176 - £76,470
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryAs a Scrum Master, you have a passion for coaching teams for high performance, through application of agile values and principles.
You are curious. When introduced to new concepts and terminology, you don’t get easily put off and are excited about learning.
You are inspired by the potential the data and analytics have, to deliver value to our customers.
Who are the Chief Data & Analytics Office?
The Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) is the Centre of Excellence for data and analytics within LBG. Join us on our mission to turn every decision taken in the Group into a data-driven decision, revolutionise the Group’s approach to data management, and deliver innovative business intelligence and machine learning products. We're pioneers in what we do so we're continuously learning. It is not always easy, but it would not be exciting otherwise!
We deliver a range of data and analytics products and solutions across all LBG business areas and also partner up with other analytics teams and Divisional Data Offices to help them increase their data and analytics maturity. This means that even though we work within one division, we get to meet and work with people from across the group on a regular basis. This gives all CDAO colleagues a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the value we can deliver for our customers through data.
So what is the role?
- Coaching your teams to high performance through embedding agile values and principles
- Teaching your teams how to self-organise around Daily Stand-Ups, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
- Working directly with Product Owners, helping them handle and prioritise the backlog
- Helping your teams identify and remove blockers and improve the flow of work
- Facilitating Release Planning sessions to help the team, the Product Owner and the stakeholders get visibility of what’s on the horizon
- Helping teams continuously improve, including their approach to planning and estimation
- Using your influence to ensure smooth and timely delivery of value
Tobe considered you'll need the following skills and experience:
- Hands on experience as a scrum master
- Recognised Scrum Master certification
- Experimental mindset, ability to guide teams through designing and executing experiments
- Agile mindset and in depth understanding of agile values and principles, as well as experience of embedding these into everyday team practices
- Strong experience of using tools such as Jira and Confluence, to enable continuous learning and improve the flow of work
- Strong facilitating and team coaching skills, enabling cross team collaboration, ensuring all voices and ideas are heard and explored
Who are Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
What will you get in return?
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
Together we make it possible.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.