R&D Process Development Engineer - Mechanical
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Mechanical Engineering at PA
Our Mechanical Design Engineering experts create lasting change by providing a one-stop product and process development service that brings products to market. We work from advising on business cases and creating initial concepts through to design and development; from manufacture and supply chain set-up to ongoing support for lasting success.
As a Process Development Engineer, you would be working on projects inspired by new and existing technology from the consumer goods and health / life science sectors. Utilising diverse knowledge of how “things are made” and fundamental physical principles you will lead programmes that will evolve the technology from concept through to production implementation. PA is a market leader in technology development. Our growth in this area has driven the need to further expand our existing capabilities, enabling us to deliver more products to market and solve existing processing challenges.
To rise to the challenge that this PDE role brings you will have a minimum of a 2:1 degree in in a relevant discipline.
Key experience will include:
- Applying a ‘real world’ spectrum of different manufacturing techniques to new technology development. Examples include parts handling and assembly, moulding, mixing, pumping and heating
- Rapid prototyping and development of ‘Proof of principle’ (PoP) modules for practical testing of concepts and ideas
- Working with and leading teams with a large and eclectic skill sets to deliver novel manufacturing solutions
- Developing new products and processes from initial concept through to ‘ready to productionise’
Additional experience that would be preferred but not essential includes:
- Special purpose machinery design and development
- Technology consultancy
- A ‘hands-on’ engineer that is enthusiastic to solve challenging problems themselves and as part of a team
- Strong design skills, ideally utilising Solidworks
- An innovative thinker that is excited to learn and apply existing knowledge to solve a broad range of technology challenges
- Strong relationship building skills to thrive in our consulting environment, expressing your ideas to a wide range of clients.
- Work collaboratively with PA’s science, product engineering, process engineering and design teams in the UK and US to deliver projects for a global client base
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Flexible WFH / WFO policy
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more
- A range of culturally-led clubs to join, from music to film, yoga to podcasts
It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.
Diversity Enables Ingenuity
Our diversity strengthens us and stimulates a rich, creative environment where our people feel empowered to be themselves. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, no matter their background. Together, we are PA — Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process — at any time — don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com