Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as a graduate is a big step. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our Graduates Make a Difference
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA Consulting we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Global Innovation Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
A career at PA is what you make of it — so power your curiosity and prepare to make an impact.
We’re looking for graduates who:
- Are credible and comfortable working with clients from a broad range blue chip and start-up organisations
- Can build strong relationships— with both clients and peers
- Are adaptable and able to flex their style and thinking
- Are able to combine their strong theoretical background, mechanical aptitude and practical skills to help solve complex real-world technical problems
- Are curious and able to think creatively and laterally, applying existing knowledge to new problems
- Can take ownership of a technical problem, seeing it through to a working solution
- Are collaborative, enthusiastic and passionate and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Are driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Are open to change and have a growth mindset
- Are hungry for new challenges
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related subject)
- A broad range of work that spans multiple sectors
- The opportunity to experience all phases of development, from conceptualisation and theoretical design to hands-on building/prototyping and testing in our workshops
- The opportunity to work closely with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues from across the design, applied science, software and engineering disciplines as you design, test, and build new products and systems
- Ability to manage your own time, with choice over which projects you work on
- Be involved in creating future technology strategies, working with others across the wider PA, to provide clients with wider business solutions
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- This role will start in September 2023
- Your work base will be our Global Technology and Innovation Centre, Melbourn
- Salary Potential: £30,500 with additional £3,500 for transport allowance
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.