Managing Consultant E&U - Economics and Investment Strategy
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Our successful Energy and Utilities practice is looking for a talented and experienced Energy Transition Managing Consultant to help support our existing client base and our ambitious growth strategy.
Come join an ambitious, friendly and rapidly growing team working at the innovation and strategy frontier of the Energy Transition. We work across a wide spectrum of technologies, such as offshore wind, onshore wind, solar, battery storage, hydrogen, carbon capture, and low-carbon mobility (from electric vehicles to low carbon shipping and aviation).
Within PA, the Managing Consultant (MC) role is one level below partner. The role is primarily about building and developing your own pipeline of projects, and delivering projects, in your area of expertise as well as having the opportunity to experience a broad range of energy transition work for our clients.
You will contribute to the development and growth of PA's activities in the energy and utilities sector, with a strong focus on energy transition technologies and services. You will support the team’s business growth by identifying opportunities with existing accounts and new customers. You will actively contribute to client acquisition and maintain and develop your own external network. This role is highly varied and calls for someone who is autonomous and a self-starter.
In addition to the above, specifically you will be expected to:
- Develop commercially viable consulting market offerings, and work with PA teams to refine existing offerings, including taking these to new markets.
- Work with PA’s Go-To-Market and other specialist teams to develop propositions, develop existing client accounts and build new accounts.
- Lead and deliver large scale and complex projects.
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams: planning, managing and delivering work, and working productively in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
We are looking for a Managing Consultant with a strong quantitative, finance, economics, or engineering background, combined with expertise in at least one of the technologies critical to the energy transition, and a significant track record in strategy and business thinking. We are looking for candidates who have line experience and a network within the Energy industry, ideally covering some of the following technical areas: solar, wind, hydrogen and derivatives, energy storage, CCUS, e-mobility, and other related subjects. Management experience of delivery teams or demonstration of outstanding leadership skills is advantageous.
Ideally, you will already have a reputation for developing business and delivering innovative solutions within Renewable Energy. You will also possess strong market understanding including commercial issues, policy & regulations, and technology.
As a self-starter, you will have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting that offers you the opportunity to work at the highest levels with a global centre of excellence.
You will be based in our head office in London but may be expected to travel and work on client sites in the UK and globally.
We are happy to talk to you if you recognise the following aspects in yourself:
- Experience: you have at least 8 -10 years of applicable work experience. You have gained that experience within a corporate, government, start-up / scale-up or as a consultant. Experience as a management or strategy consultant is ideal, with a focus on energy or climate change.
- Expertise: You have a technical or economic background or possess strong technical or economic competencies. In your work you have built up expertise in related service lines for the Energy Transition sub-practice – e.g., strategy, due diligence, business transformation, market entry, auction support, and others.
- Energy: You are passionate about the opportunities and challenges in the Energy Transition space. You are customer-oriented and at your best when, as part of a team with a high focus on results, you can help customers solve challenging strategic and organisational issues.
- External network: You have a network within the energy space, and you have demonstrated ability to develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels to sell value-added consulting assignments.
- Strong leadership skills: You have an ability to mobilise, inspire and manage teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You are a strong communicator and have developed a personal brand.
- The opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, enabling investments in technologies critical for net zero
- Support to grow and develop, learn new skills, and be intellectually stimulated through a wide diversity of clients and projects
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, PA Share ownership and spouse/partner life assurance)
Life At PA
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people.
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.