Technical IP Specialist
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics. We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Do you have strong analytical and reporting skills? Coupled with a mountain of IP knowledge? if yes, this is certainly a role of interest!
Our Network team are looking to add an exceptional Technical IP Specialist to their growing team!
PA's Intellectual Property (IP) Advisory provides independent advice helping organisations of all sizes to nurture and grow their businesses through the identification and making the most of their strategic IP assets. Our team of IP strategists and technical experts is a highly valued and respected part of PA’s Innovation division. As technology becomes increasingly complex and multidisciplinary our clients need expertise to help them navigate the intellectual property landscape.
As an IP specialist you would be using your robust IP and industry knowledge, coupled with a strong analytical and reporting skills to:
- Conduct IP landscape analyses and inform on potential IP risks and opportunities,
- Capture and record strategic IP assets and devise asset-specific protection strategies,
- Review IP portfolios and identify portfolio commercialisation and optimization opportunities,
- Provide technical IP litigation support in conjunction with external legal specialists, and
- Assist in the design of business-driven and cross-functional enterprise IP frameworks, policies, and plans.
This role offers fantastic breadth and learning opportunities, giving the incumbent the opportunity to work with senior consultants across a diverse range of industry sectors.
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependant on your suitability at this time or in the future.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and customer focus with a professional and confident communication style,
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and visualize IP data and present IP intelligence insights with a compelling narrative,
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of IP with a particular focus on patents and Standard Essential Patents,
- Strong interest in innovation and technology development and a general understanding of the finances behind technology development and commercialisation.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience in patent analysis and market/product mapping within different technology spaces,
- Experience with the 3GPP Technical Specifications,
- Proficiency in operating different patent analytics tools and platforms (e.g., Cipher, PatenSight, IPlytics, PatSnap, PatBase etc),
- Insights into international patent laws, mechanisms, and governing authorities.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.