Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Are you capable of inspiring and mentoring developers with customer obsession? Are you driven by purpose? Saving lives?
We are looking for a Technical lead to helm the development team working on our Patient Catalyst application – a AI-enabled operational decision support platform for Healthcare staff.
Our Patient Catalyst Product Development Team are looking for a Technical lead to play a pivotal role in leading Agile software development teams to deliver outstanding technical solutions for health. Your responsibilities will extend to guiding project directions with your ability to make practical design choices, ensuring they add substantial value to our clients & the market while adhering to best practices within a regulated environment. Your architectural expertise and dedication to a robust path to production, as well as your commitment to fostering a DevOps culture, will be critical aspects of your role.
You will report to the Technical Director and enjoy the opportunity to:
- Foster deep partnership and collaboration with the Product Manager and Delivery Manager to create an end-to-end lifecycle that strives for customer obsession
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
Architecture and Design
- Provide technical leadership by overseeing the overall architecture, design, and implementation of the software platform, ensuring alignment with the market and organisational goals.
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy client deployment, scalability & availability in line with SLA’s, future market need
- Own the Software Development Lifecycle & lead the team to ensure the successful delivery of the Patient Catalyst platform
- Effectively assign tasks to team members based on their strengths, expertise, and development goals, optimizing the distribution of workload and ensuring a balanced team effort.
- Work closely with the Product Manager & Delivery Manager to understand project requirements, providing technical insights, and contributing to the creation of feasible and scalable solutions.
- Own the development of technical roadmaps and project plans, assisting in the estimation of effort and timelines for successful project delivery.
- Act as a technical point of contact for issue resolution, guiding the team in troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems that may arise during development.
- Encourage the adoption of best practices in software development, including coding standards, version control, and testing methodologies, to enhance the overall efficiency and quality of the development process.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence in-line with regulatory standards, data protection and NHS Digital Solution Standards
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Work with business development to maintain a strategic technology roadmap which pushes our market relevance
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.