Consultant Quality Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Woven between all of the stages of the development process is the work of a Quality Analyst: the technologist who sees building solutions like a kaleidoscope of possibilities for things to break. By collaborating with each team member—Developer, Business Analyst, Designer, etc.—you will ensure quality is thoughtfully examined in both processes and technology. QAs also aspire to be more than testers; they're team motivators and strive to encourage all teammates to weave quality into their mindsets and code.
- You will examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout
- You will provide input for and evangelise system testability
- You will work alongside teammates from different backgrounds to produce awesome solutions for our clients' ambitious missions
- You will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process
- Drive the creation of a reliable automated testing suite with strong reporting capabilities that ensures simple, effective analysis of failures for your team to use
- Cultivate high-functioning teams and enable transitions where necessary
- Extend your passion for quality assurance practices to enabling the client, helping coach a client's team to adopt a testing mindset
- Advocate QA expertise to the broader tech community outside of Thoughtworks, speaking at conferences and acting as a mentor for more junior-level QAs
- You get excited to focus on cross-functional requirements such as performance and security when things go wrong
- You have prior experience as a Quality Analyst and have spent time collaborating with Dev, Business Analyst, Infrastructure, and Design teams
- You can apply your ‘test' mindset to exploring and understanding other teammates' perspectives and can foster a common idea of quality with all project participants
- You have experience with Agile, code management and deployment strategies
- Solid understanding of best practices such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD and the Practical Test Pyramid
- You have experience with API automation, are comfortable in databases, and love to write simple code in order to test applications
- You are comfortable with different types and techniques in functional testing including exploratory, boundary value analysis and equivalence partitioning
- A solid understanding of OOPs and design patterns
- A basic understanding of testing applications from a security perspective in order to deliver secured quality software to our clients
- An understanding of how to leverage metrics in order to make improvement so lead time, deployment frequency, mean time to recovery and change fail rate
- You have the ability to zoom out to the big picture and identify gaps in quality
- You thrive in a collaborative and flat environment
- You love learning and sharing knowledge and want to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You have a genuine passion for quality software
Other things to know
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.