VOD Operations Sports Manager
Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Working within VOD Operations, the VOD Operations Sports Manager will manage a small team of people responsible for delivery of sports Catch Up content to 3rd party affiliate partners across EMEA, ensuring that required technical standards for 3rd party platforms are met and content is delivered on time, with all necessary metadata, images and languages. The sports manager will work closely with the VOD Ops Project Manager to validate intake of new requirements for the VOD technical team.
A key focus of this role is to provide operational partner management for key affiliates, working closely with Partnerships and Streaming teams. This will include managing regular internal cross functional operational calls with merchandising, scheduling and partnerships team and ensuring regular operational meetings with partners are maintained, to plan for high profile sports events and new sports rights, troubleshoot any issues and align on any technical development needed.
This role will have responsibility for set up, documentation and management of 3rd party Live to VOD workflows for sports and managing intake of requirements for EPG technical teams relating to sports partner workflows.
This role will act as the primary VOD Ops point of contact for cross-team sports projects (eg Olympic programme, MAX EMEA sports) and will work closely with senior management to set long term strategy for team.
- Responsible for delivery of sports VOD content to 3rd party affiliate partners; from receipt of VOD schedules through required operational and technical processes to enable publishing on VOD platforms.
- Manage, lead and develop a small operational team, including setting and monitoring delivery of team goals.
- Ensure adequate operational coverage around key sports events.
- Operational Partner management for sports.
- Manage regular cross functional operational calls with merchandising/editorial, partnerships team and scheduling teams.
- Planning for high profile events (eg UEFA match days, tennis grand slams, Olympics).
- Key point of contact for cross-team sports projects (eg Olympic programme, MAX EMEA sports).
- Validate intake of new requirements for VOD technical team.
- Manage intake of requirements with EPG tech team relating to sports partner workflows.
- Responsible for set up, documentation and ongoing management of 3rd party Live to VOD workflows.
- Work with other international sports teams to understand global sports workflows.
- Cross team partnership on new launches.
- Proactively build relationships with key colleagues across WBD Sports.
- Documentation of VOD workflows.
- Identify savings opportunities; promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to increase efficiency
- High level of customer service and 3rd party client management experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills demonstrating the ability to motivate, develop and inspire a team.
- Proven experience in non-linear content distribution operations.
- In-depth knowledge of live sports broadcast and ingest workflows.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent VOD Operations at a high level in meetings.
- Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, demonstrating strong analytical skills and with the capability to see the implications across the business and make informed decisions.
- Ability to successfully negotiate deadlines and priorities with technical and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proven capability for trouble shooting, issue escalation and solving complex issues within department.
- Demonstrate an organised and procedural approach to their workload and tasks.
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Adept at working collaboratively with other internal departments.
- Pro-active in troubleshooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues.
- Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.