People & Culture Partner
Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
As the People & Culture Partner, you will provide strategic and day to day partnering support for our corporate groups and leaders based in the UK, with regular connections with US and EMEA colleagues.
You will work to ensure that we drive and support the key priorities and activities that impact our people and our culture; including, organisational change, talent planning, coaching and guiding managers and managing cyclical people processes.
Working with business leaders, and the wider P&C team in EMEA and the US, you will be responsible for driving positive change encouraging and enabling a progressive approach to engagement and delivery.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Be a trusted and strategic partner to senior leaders, proactively partnering with them on all people related matters.
- Develop close working relationships and understanding of business goals and facilitate people and organisational solutions which support the business effectively.
- Partner with leaders on organisational changes, ensuring we are legally compliant and act as a true partner; questioning, constructively challenging and advising.
- Proactively and positively support initiatives and organisation changes to align with the wider WBD business, including local changes to align with the global vision for the future success of the business.
- Partner with the Specialist P&C CoE teams to provide relevant and value adding proactive support and solutions.
- Support the development of a best-in-class P&C team by analysing processes as we live them – provide feedback to CoE teams where needed to constantly improve our operating model.
- Know your Top Talent across your client groups. Facilitate calibration sessions, conversations, development opportunities and retention strategies for our Talent on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Proven HR experience working in a fast-paced, high change, matrix environment.
- A strong commercial People Partner, who is used to working with senior stakeholders.
- Able to make sound and prompt decisions as well as connect the dots between different functions to challenge assumptions and improve efficiency and effectiveness for the business.
- Able to lead projects and change programmes within your client groups and wider as required.
- Commercial awareness – curious about the business areas you support (and the wider business) to maximise your influence.
- Collaborative – able to partner with centres of excellence to develop and implement initiatives that develop capability and culture.
- Able to exercise a level of independent judgement and make sound decisions that enhance business performance, often with little direction while ensuring you comply with laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate the capability to self-prioritise and manage a complex and changing workload with the ability to meet changing and varying deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.