Digital Platform Analyst
Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The Global Technology Operations Center (GTOC) department consists of several teams that work together with a one-team approach, across the USA, UK, and Poland.
We are the first point of contact for technical issues and owners of Major Incident Management within Warner Bros. Discovery. The GTOC teams are responsible for initiating the major incident process, triaging technical problems, and escalating to support our broadcast/streaming infrastructure.
Digital Platform Support Analyst, supports an extensive suite of Live, VOD, OTT/Digital Playout via client applications. You will report to the Duty Operations Manager and be part of a team made up of Juniors, Analysts and Senior Analysts.
You will primarily focus on live Sports through our TNT, Eurosport, Discovery Plus and GCN brands. Think Olympics, Premier League, Champions League, ATP Tennis and Tour de France as a start.
The position is a shift based role, requiring flexibility with working hours as weekends and public holidays are some of our busiest times. For major events, you may be required to work overnight. You will be working as part of a unified team, which consists of members from multiple disciplines (Platforms, Networks & Digital), to form a dynamic technology-focused team, capable of monitoring all linear and non-linear output, as well as supporting IT infrastructure.
You will be expected to use your operational analytics and incident management skills to provide support for all issue areas, working with support teams/engineers for a swift resolution to any technical issues. You will also be expected to support and educate your team members about new processes, while independently keeping your technical know-how up to date.
Having a versatile personality and technical skillset, with the ability to stay focused and continually develop is key to being successful in this role. Successful candidates for this role need to have prior experience in leading difficult situations, staying calm, reacting quickly under pressure, and being able to execute the key responsibilities noted below.
- Monitor WBD’s OTT infrastructure systems and video streams in real-time, using both eyes-on-glass, and automated monitoring methods to ensure programme KPIs are always upheld.
- Respond to automated alarms/alerts and carry out defined analysis, triaging and/or escalate to relevant engineering teams within agreed SLAs.
- Analyze all client issues escalated by customer service teams, as well as internal production/content operation teams, being the primary point of contact
- Ensure all issues are logged and tracked through to resolution, leveraging the ITIL principle of Incident, Problem, and Change management.
- Ensure detailed shift handover among colleagues.
- Provide support to the Senior Analysts and Duty Operations Managers in the management of high priority outages as needed, providing stakeholder communications at agreed intervals until resolution of the issue with root cause is determined.
- Coordinate with vendors and 3rd party suppliers on relevant issue reporting/resolution, post-incident reports, onboardings, service reviews, and system migrations/deployments.
- Engage in regular internal stakeholder meetings (customer services, production/content operations, QA team, product owners and engineering teams)
- Perform sanity checks on back-end systems/front-end platforms after deployments and releases, and provide feedback to engineering teams regularly.
- Update department support documentation promptly to reflect all changes (Knowledgebase, Run Books, etc..).
- Previous experience working in digital technical operations or media operations environment
- Experience in monitoring and supporting OTT platforms
- Working experience in handling HD and SD video feed input
- Working experience with CMS and EPG systems
- Education – Preferred Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
- Working experience in cloud environments particularly AWS or Azure
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload to complete tasks promptly
- Able to work without supervision, combining initiative with discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly disposition
- Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ServiceNow, JIRA or similar Incident Management application experience
- Understand and be able to work with monitoring systems and related technologies
- Must be able to independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve trouble tickets within established Service Level Agreements
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.