Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Based in the London Tech Hub Ingest Operators are responsible for the preparation, routing, ingesting and monitoring of incoming feeds required for recording content across both the Eurosport, TNT and FTA platforms. Duties will also include QC’ing processing and sharing content. Preparing meta data and audio configurations. Managing bookings of Live and non-Live feeds. Whilst working closely with production and other departments.
- Responsible for the QC’ing of entertainment and sports content sent from distribution or recorded internally using AMPP (Asset management) GV.
- Ensuring all ingested material is ingested in a timely fashion.
- Escalating to relevant departments when material fails QC by not adhering to broadcast standards.
- Managing the transfer of recorded assets to Cloud and Archive.
- Routing sources for recordings using BNCS panel.
- Following ‘Fast Track’ workflows to allow assets to be made ready for broadcast quickly.
- Preparing scheduled Eurosport, TNT and FTA recordings into SCS cloud recording system including production feeds.
- Adding critical metadata for recorded feeds for Archive and edit management.
- Monitoring live playlists, making sure scheduled events are running on time and amending bookings and recordings when changes to schedules are made.
- Preparing live playback to transmission, Cloud or MCR (for further distribution).
- Running searches in WON scheduling software to ensure requests are up to date and accurate whilst liaising with territories if any booking discrepancies occur.
- Prioritising ingest requests from production, schedulers and sports co-ordinators.
- Coordination with the Preview and edit teams to confirm assets have been ‘made ready’.
- Coordinate with MCR to assign decoders for scheduled feeds
- Close interaction with the Sports Coordinators department to achieve the same goal of processing requests to air.
- Submitting daily shift handovers including errors and / or discrepancies etc
- Knowledge of television terminology
- Experience working in a broadcast environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of video / audio equalisation equipment including waveform, vector scopes
- The ability to effectively prioritise requests
- Ability to work unsupervised and remain proactive
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, motivation and time management
- Ability to deal with and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Prepared to operate in a fast paced, high pressure and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work a shift pattern roster including weekends and night shift
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.