Senior Manager, Marketplace Partner Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest B2B app stores globally and has exceeded $2B in lifetime sales since launching in 2012. As Senior Manager, Marketplace Partner Operations, you will lead a team responsible for the design and management of all Marketplace partner-facing operations and processes on the Marketplace. You will report to the Head of Marketplace Partnerships.
You have a record of success in designing, implementing, and optimizing business processes that support Technology Partners and ISVs in a fast-paced environment. You know that a well-designed process internally only gets you so far without a strong change management plan for both internal and external users. You have a strong understanding of partner business models and solution practices enabling you to communicate complicated information simply to increase program awareness and adoption. You think outside the box when it comes to balancing automation and manual processes to accelerate time to market and scale your team.
Your future team
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest B2B app stores globally and has exceeded $2B in lifetime sales since launching in 2012.The team consists of both technical and non-technical contributors spanning project-based, business operations processes, as well as partner support responsibilities.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with R&D, IT, Sales, Finance, Legal, and Procurement teams across the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe in support of a global community of Marketplace Partners.
- Sourcing and managing outsourced resources including third-party consultants and SaaS providers to support the responsibilities of the team.
- Develop the roadmap of projects and repeatable change management plans that will improve partner experience and operations on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Projects include but are not limited to: app review, approval, and monitoring processes; security program operations; quote to cash process improvements; roadmap planning with cross-functional product and IT teams to drive system improvements for the team and Partners.
- Minimum of 10 years of related partner strategy and operations experience.
- You engage with the user community, ranging from people who execute processes daily to executive management. Able to identify assumptions made by business stakeholders about needs and solution approaches, then develop and execute methods to validate them.
- Outstanding collaboration skills: written and verbal, in-person and remote. Ability to build partnerships at all levels of the company. Despite the varying nature of the products and businesses to be supported, we want to standardize our business execution motions as much as possible.
- Experience with solution design. You strive to keep processes as simple as possible while delivering key business objectives and keeping long-term scalability in mind.
- Experience running RFPs with third-party vendors and working with IT and procurement to qualify, select, and onboard SaaS providers and consultants.
- Portfolio Management Skills. Prioritizing and making hard trade-offs will be essential.
- Strength in hiring, coaching, and leading a diverse team both in terms of location and responsibilities.
- Successfully scaled a team's operations through the use of business cases, documented operating procedures, and automation.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!