Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to the Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Experience Design Manager, Design Systems
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
We are the developers, designers, content designers, researchers and product managers behind Atlassian's mission to ensure that the design system is the cornerstone of crafting quality interfaces at scale. Our work enables teams to create simple, intuitive, beautiful and harmonious experiences from our self service guidelines, reusable components and platform capabilities. Our design language allows designers and developers to craft experiences efficiently and our customers to use familiar components across every product touchpoint.
What you'll do
- Report to our Head of Design for UI Platform and work closely with the Atlassian Accessibility Team
- Lead, inspire and grow our US-based Design Systems team through individual coaching and building strategic partnerships with company leaders
- Partner with Engineering and Product leaders to evolve the Atlassian Design System and provide digital Accessibility at scale
- Collaborate with partners across the company to identify additional Design System investments to enhance the creation of Accessible experiences
- 5+ years of experience managing a design team
- 3+ years of experience implementing Accessibility in UI components, including interoperability with Assistive Technologies
- Experience scaling a design team
- Knowledge of Accessibility requirements (e.g., Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, WCAG)
- Experience working with people with disabilities and knowledge of Assistive Technologies on desktop and mobile platforms
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $174,700 - $268,000
Zone B: $157,200 - $241,200
Zone C: $145,000 - $222,400
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.