Engineering Manager- Integrations, Jira Align
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, we want to talk with you! You will be a key contributor to the Jira Align Engineering Team, which strives to simplify software at scale by bringing business and software development organizations together in one intuitive platform.
In this role of Engineering Manager, you will be leading Jira Align Integrations team responsible for our connectors and APIs strategy. You will work in close participation with integration teams that include a triad of engineering, design, and product management as well as individual contributors.
You will also be responsible for the management of individuals reporting to you. This includes coaching, mentoring, removing blocking issues, and supporting them in their professional development to help unlock their full potential and growth.
Leveraging your back-end and SaaS knowledge, you will take existing integrations to the next level in areas of quality, automation, and scalability to support millions of users. You will be responsible for helping to build and maintain effective teams, empowering them to achieve their goals through inspiration and creativity to help your teams solve difficult challenges. With your software engineering skills and experience, you will help design, build and run solution integrations on the core Jira Align product.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing a high-caliber engineering team
- Passion for mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management skills and ability to balance multiple initiatives
- Proven track record in hiring and retaining performance engineering teams
- 5+ years of prior industry experience as a back-end engineer
- Experience building scalable backends for SaaS-based product
- Fluency in the Microsoft tech stack/languages (.Net, C#, scripting languages, etc.) with the ability to review code & provide feedback, etc.
- Experience building API first products
- Obsession for quality and automation
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum with remote and distributed teams
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Microservice experience
- Postgres experience
- Automated deployment and release management tools (ex. Octopus, Jenkins) experience
More about our team:
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great software and quickly iterating on ideas and work to provide customers with continuously improving experience. We challenge each other constantly to improve, always asking difficult questions and pushing personal and professional growth. This team is focused on building features for enterprise-scale customers with improved performance, scalability and security in mind. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!