Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Incident Management and Operations Lead
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian, a leading software company, is looking for a highly experienced and accomplished professional to join our Reliability Process Group (RPG) as the Principal Incident and Problem Management Lead. In this important role, you will work directly with executive leadership, serving as a necessary engagement point for executives on incident-related matters.
As the Principal Incident and Problem Management Lead, you will operate, own, and evolve the important incident management and post-incident review processes that form the backbone of service reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and manage the Atlassian incident process, serving as the primary US contact for key stakeholders.
- Be a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on incident and problem-related matters, providing guidance across Atlassian, from Developers through to Heads of Engineering and beyond.
- Collaborate with teams and senior partners to ensure incident response, resolution, and post-incident review processes.
- Identify areas for process improvement and lead initiatives to enhance incident management practices, focusing on executive engagement.
- Organize on-call resources across Atlassian's IMOC (Incident Manager On Call) roster, ensuring efficient incident response and resolution during business hours.
- Develop and deliver executive-level briefings, presentations, and reports on incident management performance, trends, and recommendations.
- Conduct root cause analysis and post-mortems for major incidents, working with technical teams and executive partners to lead systemic improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, latest technologies, and best practices in major incident management and problem management.
- Collaborate with the Incident Management automation team to refine and automate incident/PIR workflows.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in senior-level incident management and problem management, within a cloud environment at scale.
- Extensive experience working directly with executive leadership and senior partners, serving as a trusted advisor on incident-related matters.
- Strong knowledge of major incident management principles, root cause analysis methodologies, and post-incident review processes.
- Experience in incident wargaming or incident simulation, such as the wheel of misfortune.
- Proficiency in preparing high-quality executive-level briefings and reports.
- Understanding of relational database structures, SQL, and incident management automation tools.
- An operations background, such as working in a NOC or as a system administrator.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and modern DevOps practices.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $201,600 - $268,700
Zone B: $181,400 - $241,900
Zone C: $167,300 - $223,100
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.