Mobile Engineer III, Android
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Mobile Engineer III, Android
Are you excited to build new technologies that will be instrumental in bringing Expedia Group's evolving brand to life by delivering Android Native App experiences for millions of users? Come build the future of travel with us!Mobile Engineers at Expedia develop solutions and products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers seek some of the most sophisticated problems in the world of travel across various brands - Expedia, Vrbo, Orbitz, Travelocity, eBookers and others.
We are looking for strong technical talent as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. You'll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a participant of the team, you'll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement, and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences and improve existing products powering the world's largest travel mobile apps at a scale only a few companies can match.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development and quality of features being implemented on the Expedia Android app.
- Provide and participate in code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and resolve problems.
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Apply formal training methods to current workload.
- Feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
Who you are:
- Experience as a mobile applications developer.
- Experience developing large scale Android applications.
- Proficiency in Kotlin and Java with good software design skills.
- Knowledge of popular Android frameworks – Espresso, RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger/Hilt, Firebase, Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Navigation.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose is a strong plus.
- Experience developing backend services – RESTful APIs, GraphQL.
- Experience with Mobile Architecture patterns like MVP & MVVM.
- Experience working with A/B testing, Event frameworks.
- Ability to collaborate and get results cross-team, in a sophisticated working environment.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.